Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest time of year for flights?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm hoping to head over at some stage this year to visit relatives (in Sydney). It doesn't matter when / what month I go in, whenever flights are cheapest really. I know that will probably be between April and September, but is there any site where you can search in general months like that? I know most sites you can type in dates and then say dates are flexible so it will search within a few days of it but if it's flexible within say a six month off peak period I'm not sure how to look that up bar entering in each date individually!

Secondly, I'm flexible about the flights, where the stopover is, etc. The end destination as mentioned above is Sydney but if say flights were cheaper to Perth, where would be best to look for internal flights so I can see if the difference is worth it?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't know where to start with looking into this and couldn't find anything here when I did a quick search.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

If I recall correctly the flights go down after a particular date in April. Maybe the 19th or around then? I remember we delayed our departure to NZ for a few weeks to get much cheaper flights. We booked through Austravel and they told me the date so perhaps you could check with a travel agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 westisbest

Thanks for that Watna, I'll try some travel agents so and see if they can at least do the legwork for me and see when is best value to go.

Thank again.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

I booked return flights last year with USIT for the 2nd May, cost me 790 euro at the time...I think anytime from April on you'll get cheaper flights, check out Singapore Airlines too I remember they were offering a flight around the same price as well...

Advertisement