Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Hidden forum/threads

Options
  • 23-01-2010 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Still finding my way around boards,i've noticed different Mods are mods of groups like BAPS,GAS,DR. Demento and some other strangely named forums and i don't know what they mean? can't seem to see them on the drop down up top either,each of these you have to apply to become apart of like Sex and Sexuality for example, Are there a bunch of other threads and forums for mods or what?
    Just curious,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They're privately hosted forums, set up for various purposes by groups of people. Generally invite only.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Ok thanks for clarifying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just a general FYI to add, with the version of vbulletin we're now running for the past few months, it's as easy and easier for people to set up their own public or private social groups rather than a hosted forum. You can access those - or set up your own if you like - by clicking "community" in the blue bar above this thread and then "social groups". I don't use them but they're there if you get the notion.

Advertisement