Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs and chickens

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

It never fails to surprise; the things we see on the back lanes of Ireland.

After four weeks stranded in the snow, when we finally got out we went by a back lane to Town.

There is a ruined, derelict cottage by the roadside; a real mess with plastic sacks and rubbish everywhere.

But that day there was a dog, and chickens pecking around; new there.

Later that week, out again. Dog still there by the doorway. Not a farm dog either. Funny looking mutt; unusual to see this in the country.

It was on the way back I realised that the dog was tied up tight to the door....

Had I room here..... we have links with a pet rescue....

I was so angry I dared not stop. It had not been there before tha bad weather..

I called the SPCA here of course.

When I mentioned the chickens...

The story is that a couple had been living in a derelict caravan a few miles away. Dogs tied up, chickens, a cockerel in a cage...

They were reported to the SPCA, but they vanished before the Inspector got there.. left the caravan of course but took the critters.

So waiting now for the SPCA to visit them; they will be prosecuted and the dogs removed.

Dreadful that anyone has to live like that. but the animals.....

Advertisement