Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foreign teacher wanting to teach in ireland

Options
  • 23-01-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    I'm a Romanian teacher of History who is looking forward to teaching in Ireland. Unfortunately, apart from the tones of paperwork that i had to deal with, i have to take an aptitude test in the History and Structure of the Irish Education System. This very nice lady from the Teaching Council gave me a list of books and everything.
    I was wondering though, just how difficult is the exam? Should i take it this year in May or should I give it a year of study and wait until November-December?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cristinel Bors

Buna ziua. Ma-m inregistrat si eu cu Teaching Council ca PE Teacher post primary, si am de trecut acelasi aptitude test. Va ro sa imi spuneti cum a fost si daca aveti cursuri care m-ar putea sa trec acest test cat mai usor. Va multumesc.
    Stiu ca sunt cativa ani de cand ati postat dar mai sper ca sunteti membru al boards.ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Translation of your post in accordance with boards rules:

Hello. I have also registered with the Teaching Council as a PE Teacher post primary, and I have passed the same test aptitude. Will you tell me how it was and if you have courses that I could pass this test as easily. Thank you.
    I know there are a few years since you posted but I hope you are a member of boards.ie.

Please post in English only, or provide a translation.

The original poster has not been on boards in seven years, so it is unlikely they will see your post.
    If you want notes for the History examination, they are available here:
    http://www.dublin1850.com (link in right hand column).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement