Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop keyboard problem (strange one)

• 23-01-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

A friend just got his dell laptop back from repair, it devloped a power supply problem after it received a knock which caused the power connector at rear to become loose & semi detatched from the motherboard, it still worked fine if you held in the connector with your hand but it was sent to dell for repair,..on return the repair docket says the motherboard was replaced !!! & the charge was around €200,....this is when my friend noticed that the z key did not output any character,.whats more all the keys on that row ie: z,x,c,v,b,n,m are all shifted to the right so what happens is that pressing z gives nothing, x gives z, c gives x, v gives c, b gives v, n gives b, m gives n,...we have checked the keyboard & language settings in control panel & everything is as it should be there,.....any ideas ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Pop off the keyboard and re-seat the ribbon connector, it takes about 5 mins to do, just google how to remove keyboard on that model and you should find the answer.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Pop off the keyboard and re-seat the ribbon connector, it takes about 5 mins to do, just google how to remove keyboard on that model and you should find the answer.

MC
    was thinking that but the owner is still smarting from the €200 repair charge dell charged & returned it with this new fault, he has called them but they are giving him the run around......thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

As I say it only takes a minute to do and it will at least sort it if thats the issue, make them send a tech out anyway, their problem to fix it (even if you have solved the prob yourselves)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

As I say it only takes a minute to do and it will at least sort it if thats the issue, make them send a tech out anyway, their problem to fix it (even if you have solved the prob yourselves)
    I've repair a few lappys in my time but did'nt want to get involved too deep myself whilst their having this battle with dell,...I have passed on the info on how to re-seat the ribbon cable.

Advertisement