Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown water

Options
  • 23-01-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got brown water at the moment? (No, not a thread about curry)

Not to mention the tap a bit lively straight off in the morning. Almost broke my glass coffee jug the other day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

The water was a rusty colour on Wednesday but it's fine now. As for the water pressure, it's the same as it always was. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the water is off every night between 2300 and 0700, so when you turn it on in the morning there's likely to be a bit of an airlock - mine shot out of the tap like a gun this morning. Our water isn't so much brown as cloudy - its full of tiny air bubbles. After leaving it sit for a minute or two it goes clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote: »
    the water is off every night between 2300 and 0700, so when you turn it on in the morning there's likely to be a bit of an airlock - mine shot out of the tap like a gun this morning. Our water isn't so much brown as cloudy - its full of tiny air bubbles. After leaving it sit for a minute or two it goes clear.
    I think that's lime in the water... No harm at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pink_Glits&pups

Hey - our water is still terribly cloudy, does anyone know if they are doing anything to improve this quality? It doesnt work well when your making a cordeal...it gives it a white foamy head :eek:

I've tried to run the tap for a while but it doesnt improve it at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The brown water is a result of the contamination that is on going with the water in Charlesland. For those of us who know people in the council, we get told not to drink the water. In fact we havent drank from the tap in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

The brown water is a result of the contamination that is on going with the water in Charlesland. For those of us who know people in the council, we get told not to drink the water. In fact we havent drank from the tap in 2 years.

Really? I drink gallons from the tap. But its not brown anymore, not since the cold snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I have been in the Court for over a year and have never witnessed brown water from the taps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Sometimes its actually not apparent until you fill a pot or a glass you noticed to yellowish tint.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Really? I drink gallons from the tap.

That explains a lot... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What contamination?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

That explains a lot... :D

That'll earn you an extra euro next time. :p

Advertisement