Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Hull

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

???

tweak your sarcasm detector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Well that turned out to be rather pleasant viewing.

Rooney is God
    Even though I'm not a United fan, I said at the time that they bought him that it was very likely to be the best signing Ferguson ever made. I think thats proven to be true already.
    Its not just the goals but the work the lad does is just phenomenal. I always rated Ronaldo but never thought he was the most important player on that team. I thought Rooney should have been World player of the year two years ago and not Ronaldo but everbody gets carried away with goals.
    Now Rooney is scoring them so cue his being in contention for that award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

mike65 wrote: »
    Jasus without Rooney Utd are nothing, you better all be praying he stays fit.

A bit of an overstatement but he is playing out of his skin. With most of the rest of team playing so poorly all season his importance is being somewhat exagerrated. Still he is of course I wouldnt like to see injured.

Jaysus, never thought Id say this but, Nani was really impressive. It must be his most mature performance in a United shirt.

I know it was only Hull but there seemed to be a real pace and fluidity to Uniteds play that heas been missing over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well that turned out to be rather pleasant viewing.

Rooney is God

100.jpg
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ntlbell wrote: »
    tweak your sarcasm detector

It broke after someone started the "Are Fergie & Utd Finished?" thread. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

eagle eye wrote: »
    Even though I'm not a United fan, I said at the time that they bought him that it was very likely to be the best signing Ferguson ever made. I think thats proven to be true already.
    Its not just the goals but the work the lad does is just phenomenal. I always rated Ronaldo but never thought he was the most important player on that team. I thought Rooney should have been World player of the year two years ago and not Ronaldo but everbody gets carried away with goals.
    Now Rooney is scoring them so cue his being in contention for that award.

I do agree with some of what you are saying. OK, we paid a lot for him and its likely it was the full 30m paid seeing as we won everything but its well worth it for a few reasons. His age means that I dont think we are seeing the best of him yet. His hard work etc may often work against him but its just so refreshing to see someone with his attitude to fight for everything. You get the feeling that he is willing to play wherever Fergie tells him too. He still needs to work on his petulance though but again I still think he's time to mature.

Disagree with you on the World Player of the Year though, Ronaldo rightly won that. It wasn't just his goals, he dragged us through a lot of games and scored a lot of the important goals but, and in fairness to Ronnie, he often acknowledged the work of other people in him getting the goals/awards.

Meh, overall Rooney = God. :D

So glad he's English too, will be massive for us in the WC on the back of what's looking like his best goalscoring season.

So glad he's English too, will be massive for us in the WC on the back of what's looking like his best goalscoring season.

Que for Rooney to break his Metatarsil in May. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Que for Rooney to break his Metatarsil in May. ;)

feck off

you lot can keep your voodoo ****e to yourselves, or buy and Henry doll!

feck off

you lot can keep your voodoo ****e to yourselves, or buy and Henry doll!

I've already booked a helicopter for the summer in case you boys end up in a penalty shoot out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What exactly did Ferdinand do? No mention of it in the BBC match report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Who's this Rooney chap? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

playa3 wrote: »
    What exactly did Ferdinand do? No mention of it in the BBC match report

Mc Shane had the ball out on the right hand side. Was going to cross it in, Rio threw an elbow and decked Fagan.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Mc Shane had the ball out on the right hand side. Was going to cross it in, Rio threw an elbow and decked Fagan.

3 match ban would you say? Was in definitely intentional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Definitely.
    Caught on camera too, so I'd say he'd be lucky to get away with only 3.

edit : The ball wasn't coming in at the time either, so you couldn't say it was in a challenge for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Johner wrote: »
    Who's this Rooney chap? :o

Promising youngster. Remember the name. I think you'll be hearing a lot more about him.

Thanks, I'll take note!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

good chance rio will be injured for his ban anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Didn't see the match today but fair play to Rooney,

He really is the best player in the Premiership when he is on form for me, and one of the best even when he is not on form, that is the quality of the man.

Ronaldo leaving has given him the opportunity to step up again and he has, i just hope everything goes well for him between now and the summer and that he can light up the World Cup like players like himself deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus, never thought Id say this but, Nani was really impressive. It must be his most mature performance in a United shirt.

The 4-0 FA Cup game against Arsenal in his first season is the best I've seen him play to date. He was immense in that game as were the whole team. Ronaldo was missing for that game and it just shows how well the team could play without Ronaldo even when he was the main man. Most people will look to the Roma win as the defining moment of that season but that FA Cup game was my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I thought Myhill actually had a decent game.
    Rooney was on great form, and much like Ronaldo before him benifited from the good play of his team mates.
    Nani had flashes of daftness, but was overall preety good, although it'd be nice to see him be more consistent on a regular basis. Nice cameo from Berbatov, Owen probably should have had a hat trick of his own. Over all a decent days work, but the real test is over turning the deficit on wednesday night.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

nullzero wrote: »
    I thought Myhill actually had a decent game.
    Rooney was on great form, and much like Ronaldo before him benifited from the good play of his team mates.
    Nani had flashes of daftness, but was overall preety good, although it'd be nice to see him be more consistent on a regular basis. Nice cameo from Berbatov, Owen probably should have had a hat trick of his own. Over all a decent days work, but the real test is over turning the deficit on wednesday night.

I wouldnt call the city defence as a "real" test. Our real test comes away to Arsenal the week after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

TonyD79 wrote: »
    I wouldnt call the city defence as a "real" test. Our real test comes away to Arsenal the week after!

The "real test" aspect is that City are dying to not only beat us but humiliate us, especially that strangly bunny boiler esque Tevez character.
    We need to win a game in which the opposition are desperate to beat us, because lately we haven't been so hot in those situations, think Leeds and the last three Liverpool games. We have a point to prove, to ourselves and everyone else.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd take the win over Arsenal compared to a win over City in a second. League will always come first, and 3 points against them would be huge.

Nonetheless, it'd be nice to beat City tomorrow. IMO we deserved more than a 2-1 defeat to them in the last match, so at home, I hope to be able to take them. Rio in defence should help us get a clean sheet, as both of those goals last week were preventable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote: »
    I'd take the win over Arsenal compared to a win over City in a second. League will always come first, and 3 points against them would be huge.

Nonetheless, it'd be nice to beat City tomorrow. IMO we deserved more than a 2-1 defeat to them in the last match, so at home, I hope to be able to take them. Rio in defence should help us get a clean sheet, as both of those goals last week were preventable.

Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Liam O wrote: »
    The 4-0 FA Cup game against Arsenal in his first season is the best I've seen him play to date. He was immense in that game as were the whole team. Ronaldo was missing for that game and it just shows how well the team could play without Ronaldo even when he was the main man. Most people will look to the Roma win as the defining moment of that season but that FA Cup game was my favourite.

Ronaldo came on though, didn't he, and got kicked out over the sideline for showboating. The same was attempted on Nani after balancing the ball on his head. He seems to have cut that all out of his game, thankfully.

As has been said, if he can replicate that against the "weaker" teams in the league consistantly, and leave Valencia do it against tougher opposition, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Can I get some refresher opinions on Berbatov off the people here?

Interested to see if views have changed or not, and why?

edit wrong thread actually, But still interested. Will post in the Man Utd thread too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Went to the game myself on Saturday. Thought Paul Scholes was absolutely briliant. Didnt make one mistake and was up there with Rooney for Man of the Match. Also thought Owen worked his ass off only for some poor finishin he could have bagged a few. What do people think of Rafael on Sat? i thought he looked like he could be shoved off the ball very easily, just havent got much confidence when i see him play. Hopefully give him time he will change my thoughts!!

Advertisement