Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catherine Lynch?

• 23-01-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

just curious as to local reaction to Catherine Lynch.

Do ye love her / hate her?

Is Liz Hurley a fair representation of Mohill girls? or even Leitrim girls?:)

(considering Sheila Sheiq (?) is pretty accurate reflection on Dublin birds!)

Funny that Mohill always seems deserted when she's around, do people run and hide when she's in town?

look forward to replies!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Isn't Mohill always deserted?!?

I suppose apart from when those idiotic drivers decide to take to the streets and just pull out of nowhere without any indicators...that must be a Dublin thing...obeying the rules of the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Useless comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dipity

Useless comedian.

people in glass houses....... ronan keating singer??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I think she's excellent, very creative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

i think she is useless.i dont know how people watch her.She makes up her own stuff and its brutal.Embrassment to the county...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

My opinion for what it is worth is that Catherine Lynch is quite good as a comedian and her talent of imitating certain ethnic/cultural/minority groups is very good.

However like most comedians now-a-days have to resort to vulgarity as a means of raising a laugh.

This is however not a fault of Catherine or even other comedians but rather the audience who accept and expect this type of vulgarity as comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I honestly can't stand her, I don't really like that whole "acting like a complete and utter eejit" approach to comedy tbh.
    Each to their own though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Star5

Alot of time and effort goes into promoting the county Leitrim and then comes Catherine Lynch and ruins it all.... :mad:

She's a useless hoor. As funny as a bar of chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Star5 wrote: »
    Alot of time and effort goes into promoting the county Leitrim and then comes Catherine Lynch and ruins it all.... :mad:

oh, hello! better late than never i suppose............

• Advertisement

Ronan, you're starting to get a bit repetitive, i'm afraid.
    anything else to offer?

You say it best, when you say nuffin' at all

:)fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And you wont be saying anything more on this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

muffler wrote: »
    And you wont be saying anything more on this forum

IN FAIRNESS!

I was enjoying the banter actually, i don't have any strong opinions one way or the other on CL.

but i do admire her for being so successful, she works pretty hard at her 'trade'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I think she's great! That said the characters are old now and getting stale so I think she needs to create new characters if she gets another series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Sorry to bump this thread, but Catherine Lynch is marginally less funny than flu. Utter rubbish. Talking loudly and dressing like a clown is not funny. Maybe if she took up mime? Actually no. Mime is also not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

JHMEG wrote: »
    I think she's excellent, very creative.

Now THAT is sarcasm! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

catherine lynch i miss her terribly , <SNIP>

• Advertisement
Advertisement