Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards redirecting to spam sites

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right forum but anyway.

since logging on to boards (a few minutes ago) to have a bit of a lurk i have been redirected to spam sites a number of times. i dont think it is my computer doing it as none of the other sites i have been looking at have redirected me. this is the first time it has happened to me on boards.
    it could be nothing to do with boards but anyway i thought i should tell someone just in case after the recent security breach.

mods, if this is a known issue or in the wrong place please lock/move as appropriate.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi there,

This is the first report we've had of anything like this, and I'd imagine if it were something on boards.ie's side, we'd be receiving multiple reports by now.

Have you installed and run some good anti-spyware software on your machine? I'd recommend you do that just to check. Something like SpyBot might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi there,

This is the first report we've had of anything like this, and I'd imagine if it were something on boards.ie's side, we'd be receiving multiple reports by now.

Have you installed and run some good anti-spyware software on your machine? I'd recommend you do that just to check. Something like SpyBot might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i suspected boards because i have never had it happen with this computer before and even though i had about 8 differednt tabs open in firefox at different times 2 boards tabs were redirected. its the first time i have been on since the security issue so i thought it might be related.

it is a shared computer so i dont know about spybot but it has norton and as i said before i havent been redirected to spam before so you can see why i suspected boards!

Advertisement