Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax interest error.

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

As a former customer of Halifax, it never ceases to amaze me how stupid they are.

I recieved a letter yesterday (which I may add is dated the 11th of Jan...) outlining that they made a error in the calculation of debit interest. The refund is the grand sum of 22c. Considering I had enough hassle trying to get the credit card closed in the first place, it's gas that now they're contacting me about another mistake. I'm suprised this hasn't been picked up in the media as was the case with MBNA. I don't think I was the only affected as the letter states the involvement of the financial regulator.

On another point, regardless of who your credit card provider is, check that you are being charged the correct interest rate and amount each month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Christine45

Hmm very odd this hasn't seen the headlines. I also received a letter from them the other day.

On the very same day I received the letter I had one of their collections people at my door wondering when I had plans of paying back arrears I owed them.

It's a pity they didn't check their records before they took the bother of sending somebody out. They may have fond that I was paying and any arrears I had were albeit paid.

The sooner I can pay these guys what I owe them the better. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Yeah, haven't seen anything on the news. Received the usual windowed envelope with the blue paper showing through. I had only just received and paid my monthly bill the day before, so I was dreading the contents for some unknown reason. They overcharged me €6+ and will be giving it back. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I got one of those letters too re. their overcharging me interest of 5.13 and they said they would be issuing the refund in next statement. First time that has happened for me.

Thing is.. I did think that the interest over last 6 months that been charged was rather high for the amount I have owing on my card.

Is there any way you can send your statements to Financial Regulator to check that they are in fact refunding the full amount to you? I'm skeptical of this 5.13 figure.

Advertisement