Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would IKEA stock a plug connection for my digital camera?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I got a really cool Canon camera for Christmas and have only recently started using it. I went to charge the battery this morning and, whilst a battery charger came with it (one of those things you plug the battery into and then charge from there), there was no plug lead to plug the charger into a socket.
    Really annoying!
    I'm heading to IKEA today and probably won't be around any other shops.
    Do you think that I'll be able to get a lead to plug in my charger from IKEA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Probably get a nice chrome lead with a mahogany effect plug, you'll have to wire it yourself of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Sorry for obvious question but are you sure you need a lead

I have a Canon and a Panasonic and both have chargers with 2 pins which fold up into back of charger - when the pins open out they fit directly into a plug (which was supplied).

UK-I-GB-CACN001U-175x117x0.jpg
    If yours is different then to answer your question the chances of IKEA selling them is very remote.

Do you have a portable stereo etc in the house - check the cables on those, may be the same fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

thebiglad wrote: »
    Sorry for obvious question but are you sure you need a lead

To answer your question the chances of IKEA selling them is very remote.

Do you have a portable stereo etc in the house - check the cables on those, may be the same fit.

Yeah, it definitely needs a lead unfortunately. I'm sure I have leads that will fit, but they're up in the attic and I don't have attic stairs and it's really hard work getting up there!
    Crap about IKEA. I was hoping that it had so many random things that it may have a lead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Try Maplins.

Advertisement