Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Didnt really enjoy Duma Key. Full Dark No Stars is very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Mellor wrote: »
    Really, like what?

He's my no means infallible, but;

The Fighter
    Public Enemies
    Terminator Salvation
    The Dark Knight
    3:10 to Yuma
    The Prestige
    Batman Begins
    The Machinist
    Equilibrium
    Reign of Fire
    American Psycho

He was pretty solid in all of these imo. Some of them weren't great, but that was a problem with the script/film rather than his acting.

Mostly good movies but imo Bale is a limited actor that is competent but rarely anything more. I'd be very happy if he wasn't involved and a more dynamic actor was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Mostly good movies but imo Bale is a limited actor that is competent but rarely anything more. I'd be very happy if he wasn't involved and a more dynamic actor was.

gotta disagree...the machinist,Harsh Times,The Fighter.....he's class in em all..

i'd have preferred DD lewis as roland....casey affleck as eddie....who for Susannah/Odettta..??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Boo Radley wrote: »

Completely agree, Imo he has had 3 good roles and i wouldnt want him near the dark tower. I havent seen the fighter yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

thebullkf wrote: »
    gotta disagree...the machinist,Harsh Times,The Fighter.....he's class in em all..

i'd have preferred DD lewis as roland....casey affleck as eddie....who for Susannah/Odettta..??

Agree to disagree it is.

I'm not sure I could see Affleck as Eddie, maybe someone resembling 'Train Spotting' McGreggor - in fact, may have seen just that on a fan made trailer ages ago - with the raggedy skinny look.

I've haven't thought on a suitable Odetta at all. Could be one of the toughest boots to fill (so to speak ha) as she is obviously the most complex character in the tale.

This will be a very interesting casting process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement