Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get dog hair off my clothes?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

:o

Hope this questin is ok in the pets section.

an some pt/dog owners please advise me how to get dog hairs off my clothes? (my Mrs. is always giving out and iits embarrassing when you think your dressed up going out and next thing you see lots of dog hair stuck on good clothes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Roll some Sellotape along the affected areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Buy a "lent roller"(i think thats the name of it anyway).Most vet shops sell them and they are absolutely fantastic.You wont have a single rib of hair left on your clothes after using this and its noyt sticky like sellotape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I use a damp cloth to rub down my clothes, it works well, takes all the hair off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Don't bother your arse with a lint roller they are a complete ripoff wait till you have to buy refills. Just pick up a cheap roll of masking tape and your laughing, been using it for years and its perfect, roll it back on itself or around your hand and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I like having dog hairs on me (mind you I've no good clothes lol) when you get bored with some drunken person talking your ear off you can pick off the hairs one by one and guess which dog they came from.

But for some helpful tips the sellotape or masking tape can work as said but also you could try a rubber glove, dampen it and run it over your clothes should work on the sofa or any soft furnishings as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I like having dog hairs on me (mind you I've no good clothes lol) when you get bored with some drunken person talking your ear off you can pick off the hairs one by one and guess which dog they came from.

But for some helpful tips the sellotape or masking tape can work as said but also you could try a rubber glove, dampen it and run it over your clothes should work on the sofa or any soft furnishings as well.

the rubber glove it about the best and fastest way to remove pet hair
    i've a samoyed so i'm kind of used to the hair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I second the sellotape/masking tape comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've got a clothes brush that's not got bristles, it's got some red fabric on it that does a great job catching the hair. Sellotape is also good. Or you could only wear clothes that are the sae colour as your dog's hair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

A few years go I picked up a small brush with bristles, solely made out of rubber - incl. the bristles, at a home exhibition. Removes dog hairs from clothes, sofa, etc.

The company JML (see them advertised on TV) sell them now & again in places like Heatons or Dunnes.

If you google "JML rubber brush" you'll get the following link http://www.jmldirect.com/product.asp?pf_id=R4442&changecurrency=EUR

Their website is www.jmldirect.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

paultf wrote: »
    A few years go I picked up a small brush with bristles, solely made out of rubber - incl. the bristles, at a home exhibition. Removes dog hairs from clothes, sofa, etc.

The company JML (see them advertised on TV) sell them now & again in places like Heatons or Dunnes.
    Oh! I have one of those! It's great for getting dog hair out of the carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jdcut

I have 2 dogs, and that hair on the clothes was real problem. I searched for the solutions of it, and collected different methods of removing pet hair.

But first of all you, certanly, must take care of your pet, to prevent shed. So, keep your pet well groomed, because it's by far the most important step you can take in controlling the hair in your home. Regular bathing, brushing and combing will remove old hair, mats and dander. People often think that shorthaired pets don't shed. They do! They just shed shorter hair. Brushing is just as important for these dogs.
    A brush, comb, mat remover or grooming glove used for a few minutes every day will help collect dead hair that you can throw away instead of finding it all over the house. Removing loose hair also reduces the incidence of hairballs. Some tricks to remove pet hair are well described here: http://removepethair.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You can get a 'rubber sponge', basically a sponge made from natural rubber, it is porous, looks like a sponge, you moisten it and it literally pulls hairs from anything you pass over it. Large masses of hair will bind and roll up for you to remove at your leisure.

Not really for use on an animal, but perfect for clothing, jackets and animal bedding.

Bought ours at a Pet Expo\Show. I don't know what 'normal retail channels' would be for the item, quite probably just a pet shop.

Here's a photo, with a one euro coin, for some sense of scale.

hairremovalsponge.jpg

For larger areas, carpets etc.. Tesco sell a tile\window cleaner that is identical to the JML Rubber Wonderbroom, but much cheaper, works great with cat hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

+1 for the masking tape.

Although after eventually hoovering my car out on sunday (my dog put to sleep 2 1/2 wks ago) id give anything to have her doggie hairs to be still bothered about :o

Advertisement