Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Sanctuary Wicklow?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I have posted this in the Animal Sanctuary section but as it is pre moderated and it's quite urgent I hope it's ok I have posted here also.

Does anyone know the name or contact details of an animal sanctuary / shelter in Wicklow which excepts exotic animals? I know there was someone in Wicklow taking in animals such as Turtles etc but I can't seem to find any details.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

what kind of animal do you need to rehome or are you looking for a pet?

www.ashanimalrescue.com is based in Wicklow, not sure if they take exotics though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miss_penny

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to rehome one of my turtles (yellow belly sliders) as she has just become very agressive towards the other turtle, they need to be seperated. I don't like the idea of just giving the turtle to some pet shop.

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Miss penny I've put this in the Animal Welfare section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miss_penny

Thank you! Still haven't found anywhere that accepts turtles. Does anyone know of any animal sanctuaries in Wickow or Dublin that takes exotics?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

you wont find anywhere, when i was in carlow it was a common problem that people bought them and wanted to get rid once they grew too big. there isnt a sanctuary that will take them due to seperate housing and costs that would involve. best chance is the reptile-community.com forum, there are a few people that take in terrapins but i wouldnt hold my breathe seeing as your one is aggressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I am in Laois but will happily take the turtle in the spring - I have a massive huge pond & my turtles live a natural life.

Advertisement