Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings replica sword

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Ireland where you can buy a Lord of the Rings replica sword? I'm looking for the High Elven Warrior sword that is shown in the opening sequence of the Fellowship of the Ring. I've found it online but with shipping and the customs charge it works out way too expensive. Does anyone know a shop or vendor in Ireland or anyone who is looking to sell one on?

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Depending on where you are based you can find many shops that would stock the replica sword you are looking for either that or they could order one in for you. Forbidden Planet are generally a very reliable source they are based in Dublin at 56 crampton quay their number is 016 710688 drop them a call and see if they can accomadate your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rani

Hi!
    I tried in Forbidden Planet but unfortunately they said they haven't stocked them in years. Not to worry though I'll keep looking. Thanks for your help though, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i bought a replica Riders of Rohan sword across the border in the Jonesboro market a couple of years ago for 25 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

i know a guy who makes commission swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

grosser kind of beat me to it, but yes, there's a guy in Letterkenny who makes swords on request. I don't know if he does replicas however, as the swords from the films are probably copyrighted. Plus they dont come particularly cheap. Whats your price range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rani

Hi thanks guys! That would be great if either of them would make the replica sword. I suppose my price range for one would be up to €150 since it's a present, but i couldn't really spend much more than that. How much do these guys usually charge?
    Thanks for your help! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 3D

Also interested in commissioning a sword and hadnt heard about someone Local (For me) doing this so Dutchess can you PM me the details for the guy in Letterkenny please - Grosser I would also appreciate it if you could drop me the details of the person you know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cormac D.

Dutchess wrote: »
    grosser kind of beat me to it, but yes, there's a guy in Letterkenny who makes swords on request. I don't know if he does replicas however, as the swords from the films are probably copyrighted. Plus they dont come particularly cheap. Whats your price range?

Well I am looking to get a replica sword could u give me the contact of this guy thx

Advertisement