If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Philips 42" 8404

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to get a 42" and have it narrowed down to the Philips 8404 LCD or the Panasonic S series plasma. Can you give me a quote or feedback on either TV.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Weetabix

Thanks for contacting us

Well, the 42PFL8404H is a fantastic TV - just search these forums and you'll see its a Boardie favourite!

This is a well spec'd 42" set, have a look at the link below
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl8404h_12/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We are very fond of this TV in store as we feel it has a great performance/price balance and I'd go as far to say I dont think anything can touch it at it's price point:)

Fed with Blu-Ray and Sky HD and it will keep you grinning thanks to the superb image it will display. It does equally well with SD sources such as DVD and vanilla flavours of SKY and NTL - VHS might leave something to be desired though, but then VHS looked rubbish on 21" CRT's....

I have this on display instore and would be happy to show you the finer points of it if you can call into us.

The SALE price on this TV is €899.99 (our TSP is €999.99) and this comes with a 4 year Extended warranty (the warranty offer ends 31st Jan)

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Thanks Ashley, I will try to call in tomorrow or some evening next week.

No Worries

We are open 1 to 5pm on Sunday.
    If you call in tomorrow ask for Fergal and he'll show you around the TV.

Otherwise we are open 10-6 monday to Sat with a late opening of 7pm on Thursdays

Cheers
    Ash

Hi

Have you received delivery of the 8404's yet? I went in and paid for the tv 24th Jan and was told they would be in stock a couple of days later but still haven't heard anything from ye???

Cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Weetabix wrote: »
    Hi

Have you received delivery of the 8404's yet? I went in and paid for the tv 24th Jan and was told they would be in stock a couple of days later but still haven't heard anything from ye???

Cheers.

Weet,

apologies for the delay both in getting back to answer your post and for the late arrival of your 42PFL8404 - these sets have been really short since way before Christmas now and we have only had about 25% of what we could sell delivered through December / Jan & Feb to date :o.

However we have ben promised that there is a delivery due THIS AFTERNOON which we hope will clear all our back orders on the 8404 - the guys in the Philips shop will call every Customer today as soon as the stock is on route to us and arrange immediate delivery or collection as required.

Again thanks for your patience - you will love the TV!! It's well worth waiting for and whatever you do - don't use the standard settings - do tweak around with it and always ask the guys in the Philips shop (Ash or Nicola are the real tweakers) for their best settings advice.

Thanks again and I'm sure the guys will be giving you a shout today,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Cheers John, looking forward to getting it!

Hi Weetabix

Sorry for the delay - I've just had confirmation that Philips have these in stock for us.....finally!

Didnt want to promise anything until they confirmed they actually had them for us:)

we will be collecting these this afternoon and I'll buzz you (I have your number) once they are in the shop.

thanks for your patience and as John mentioned it is well worth the wait!

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.