Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Guidelines.

• 23-01-2010 3:22pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Looking at selling some of my retro consoles (Wanna buy a Macbook) and was wondering if there was anywhere I could find guideline prices on here (Not ebay or adverts).

I have:

Panasonic 3D0 with 2 games. (All working perfect)
    Sega Saturn with about 20/25 games.

But don't know what price to ask for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The best way of getting up to date price guides is ebay.

What you should do is search for an item under buy it now and see what the average asking price is.

Also, if you want to go one further, watch a couple of normal auctions and see how high people go with bids.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

o1s1n wrote: »
    The best way of getting up to date price guides is ebay.

What you should do is search for an item under buy it now and see what the average asking price is.

Also, if you want to go one further, watch a couple of normal auctions and see how high people go with bids.

I'll take a peek at ebay later.

Like I want to price them nicely and not over the top so a genuine collecter can get some fun out of the them without spending a fortune.

Master of the Universe

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I'll take a peek at ebay later.

Like I want to price them nicely and not over the top so a genuine collecter can get some fun out of the them without spending a fortune.

Yeah I know what you mean.

You don't want to go too low though and deprive yourself its true worth.

Console wise, the 3d0 is worth a lot more than the Saturn (although I'm sure you know that yourself)

Here's what I think is the best buy it now offer on one on ebay at the moment -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-3DO-FZ-1-E-WITH-3-GAMES-4-DEMO-DISCS_W0QQitemZ110483761304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VintageComputing_RL?hash=item19b9586898

But you should get a good price too for that many Saturn games. Is it a PAL model?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah I know what you mean.

You don't want to go too low though and deprive yourself its true worth.

Console wise, the 3d0 is worth a lot more than the Saturn (although I'm sure you know that yourself)

Here's what I think is the best buy it now offer on one on ebay at the moment -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-3DO-FZ-1-E-WITH-3-GAMES-4-DEMO-DISCS_W0QQitemZ110483761304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VintageComputing_RL?hash=item19b9586898

But you should get a good price too for that many Saturn games. Is it a PAL model?

Cheers for that mate.

Yeah the saturn is a pal model alright.

Out of all my consoles they are the only 2 I haven't really played.

Master of the Universe

Cheers for that mate.

Yeah the saturn is a pal model alright.

Out of all my consoles they are the only 2 I haven't really played.

Actually, is there any way you could list the Saturn games if you get a chance? I've just started Saturn collecting myself and might be interested in a couple of you want to split any of it up.

• Advertisement

Yeah no bothers mate. I will put up a list as soon as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

was wondering if there was anywhere I could find guideline prices on here (Not ebay or adverts).

I have:

Panasonic 3D0 with 2 games. (All working perfect)
    Sega Saturn with about 20/25 games.

But don't know what price to ask for.

Retrogamer.net has guidelines for most consoles.At present they state ....
    3DO Goldstar model - £45+
    3DO FZ-1 (front loader) - £40+
    3DO FZ-10 (top loader) - £20+

Sega Saturn - £30+

I suppose you could get a bit more considering you have games with yours.Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also check completed listings in the advanced search section, this shows all finished auctions for the last month, and the real price they eventually went for, and if the buyitnows were ever actually bought.

Master of the Universe

rubadub wrote: »
    Also check completed listings in the advanced search section, this shows all finished auctions for the last month, and the real price they eventually went for, and if the buyitnows were ever actually bought.

Seven years buying everything I need from ebay and I did not know you could do that.

!!

Thanks!

o1s1n:

List of games:

Christmas Nights into dreams...
    Nights into dreams...
    Olympic Soccer
    Fifa Road to World Cup 98
    The Need for Speed
    Sega Ages Vol 1 (After Burner 2/Space Harrier/Outrun)
    Fifa Soccer 96
    Hang on GP 96
    Sega Rally Championship
    Die Hard Trilogy
    NBA Action
    F-1 Challenge
    Manx Superbike TT
    International Victory Goal
    Command and Conquer
    Nascar 98
    World Series Baseball
    Wipeout 2097
    Last Bronx
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Clockwork Knight
    Daytona USA

All are boxed in great condition.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n:

List of games:

Christmas Nights into dreams...
    Nights into dreams...
    Olympic Soccer
    Fifa Road to World Cup 98
    The Need for Speed
    Sega Ages Vol 1 (After Burner 2/Space Harrier/Outrun)
    Fifa Soccer 96
    Hang on GP 96
    Sega Rally Championship
    Die Hard Trilogy
    NBA Action
    F-1 Challenge
    Manx Superbike TT
    International Victory Goal
    Command and Conquer
    Nascar 98
    World Series Baseball
    Wipeout 2097
    Last Bronx
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Clockwork Knight
    Daytona USA

All are boxed in great condition.

Thanks man! Appreciate it :)

Heh, all the games I'd be interested in there I've actually more or less recently ordered from ebay in this lot -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64125934&postcount=273

If you don't shift them soon, I might be interested in your Nights games & Clockwork Knight. (Depends whether or not I can actually play through the Japanese language versions I have coming in the post!)

You could always stick both consoles up in the trading thread? Or are you just looking for some cash?

Looking for cash mate, want to buy a Macbook so every little helps. :P

I also have the Nights controller. ;)

Master of the Universe

I also have the Nights controller. ;)

Cool! I'll def grab that from you anyway :)

Cool! I'll def grab that from you anyway :)

Cool, you'll have first dibs so. ;)

Advertisement