Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business and German

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of applying for this course in the CAO this year and at the moment I am thinking of doing 2nd level teaching ie. Business and German after.

I know I would have to complete a Hdip but I have heard that the German component of the course does not suffice to allow you to teach it at secondary level straight and that you would have to do a masters in German before doing the Hdip.

Does anyone know if this is true or know anyone who has completed the course and is now teaching the two subjects at second level?
    Any advice would be grateful......
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm currently doing business and german and while I can't give you all the information you are looking for I can tell you that by doing business and german alone you would not be able to go into teaching without further study.

The german you learn is not taught so that you can teach it if you understand me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

go onto this link and find business with German and it will tell you what you would be able to teach after completing the hdip but the last time i checked i think its only accounting,economics and business that you will be able to teach

http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/_fileupload/TC_RegCtee/Autoquals_Updated_9thOctober2009_55076717.pdf

Advertisement