Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raised planting/Window boxes

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Ok, well I got a Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall cookery book for Christmas and have caught the bug of trying to use more natural food. I have a fairly small garden and two not so small dogs. I thought about putting in a greenhouse but the only ones I could afford at the moment have plastic (as opposed to perspex) so would create no barrier for the dogs.

So I had a brainwave...what about window boxes hooked onto the fence around the garden so they would be out of reach for the dogs. I'm just wondering does anyone know where you can get window boxes with hooks. I looked on the B & Q website but they all seem to be ones that just sit on the window sill.

I assume they'd also want to be fairy deep for planting vegetables in them.

Any suggestions other than my current brainwave would also be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think the size of window box you would need for veggies would damage the fence. They would also dry out very fast. Would you consider fencing a sunny corner of the garden? Round posts and chicken wire would probably do the job, though you would have to bury the bottom of the wire (outwards) to stop the dogs digging in.

Advertisement