Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas wheelworx duathlons - Punchestown

• 23-01-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing this race tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nope, doing next months. Meant to be quite frosty tonight, hopefully it won't be like last years January race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Brian Crinion

Hi,

Today's race report from a very foggy Naas is up as the top story on http://www.irishtriathlon.com/

The full report is at http://www.irishtriathlon.com/index.php/2010/01/wheelworx-nass-duathlon-results-photos/

A full selection of the foggy photos are at http://picasaweb.google.com/trievents/NassWheelworxDuathlon24Jan10#

--
    Brian Crinion
    Irish Triathlon News

Has anyone got GPS data from today?... mainly an accurate distance of the run loop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i forgot my watch :-(

Good race. Decided at 7pm last night to do it as i had a helmet belonging to a friend who was hoping to do it. With me in Meath, him in Dublin it meant either driving to Dublin last night to give it to him or just going ahead and doing it. I wasn't exactly well prepared after a 21.5km run yesterday but enjoyed it. I think i was about 10th. Came out of T2 with 2 others but just hadn't the clip in the legs to keep with them, that said they were fairly motoring anyway!! Looking forward to the results so i can compare to last years effort. Missed my long cycle as a result but having come off the bike yesterday only 1km up the road and heading for a run instead im not sure id have been able for it. The roads around me are still lethal!

Here's the results for those interested:

http://www.naaswheelworxtc.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=96

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

More pics here: http://www.divmedia.ie/?Action=_VC&id=5830610&ppwd=np8386dr

Came 64th, 2mins 16sec faster than last year mainly due to run improvements. Left hand numb cold on the bike in particular - so bad that transitions were a disaster but enjoyed the runs.

Heres me in alot of pain on the finally hill - in more pain than I look!

http://picasaweb.google.com/trievents/NassWheelworxDuathlon24Jan10#5430335184797021410

Yeah - I dont believe the run distance is accurate, the 1st run is shorter despite being advertised as a 3.5/20/3.5k run.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/baile%20%c1tha%20cliath/762126549557911292

based on a gpx somebody uploaded last year, I trimmed it to what looks to be lap1.

Was out that way today and cycled the loop, 3.06km

BUMP. Anyone doing this weeks?

i am indeed. training has been woeful since so im not expecting an improvement.

• Advertisement

Will have to keep an eye out for you then ;) I don't expect much myself, if I knock a few mins off last years time it'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Well folks,
    All set for tomorrow but theres about an inch and a half of snow after falling here just outside kilcullen-will the race still be on do ye think if it finds its way to Punchestown? ANyone from over Naas way have a weather report?
    Cheers,
    Al

In Celbridge here, bit of sleet falling but nothing too heavy.. yet

I can enter on the morning for this yeah? Is it €20?

mloc123 wrote: »
    I can enter on the morning for this yeah? Is it €20?

I was told they were taking registrations on the day from a reliable source so...! Not sure on the price-i know they're chargin the 20 online for the one race and 38 for a two race series entry so i doubt it would be different on the day! After that they are talking about a 10 euro fee if you're not a member of triathalon Ireland so in reality, if you're not a member tomorrows race would cost you 30 yo yo! Tis a good race though!

All links here

http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-02-21/naas-triathlon-club-duathlon-race-series-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

"DUE TO SNOW ON THE COURSE Naas Duathlon Race Series 2 (sponsored by Wheelworx Bike and Tri Shop) Punchestown Racecourse 12:00pm Sun 21st Feb IS CANCELLED"-Wheelworx facebook website.

bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

good job I checked on boards ... had everything packed and ready to go. Is it only on the facebook site the notice has been posted? I just checked my mail but didn't get any notice about it. Just wondering were people sent e-mails or txts to say the race was cancelled? might be a good idea if they had mobile numbers of the entrants to send out a txt to people because not everyone checks the net.

Just got a text this minute, I'm sure everybody did that provided a number.

• Advertisement

"DUE TO SNOW ON THE COURSE Naas Duathlon Race Series 2 (sponsored by Wheelworx Bike and Tri Shop) Punchestown Racecourse 12:00pm Sun 21st Feb IS CANCELLED"-Wheelworx facebook website.

+1 on that! just called the naas tri club contact and he confirmed-race postponed!

Great timing for me. Came off my bike on Friday and am still not back to training nevermind racing so fingers crossed the rescheduled date will suit.

Anyone heading this Sunday? I am not sure, might use it as a training session depending on the morning.

Yup im heading along and all it will be is another training session. I aint gonna skip my long cycle on Saturday cos of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I'll be there for my first ever multi event!!! On me mountain bike. A black dawes, say hi as you pass me.

I'm going to be pushed for time getting there. Can someone please give directions to where to go (after exiting the N7) Cheers.

Bambaata wrote: »
    Yup im heading along and all it will be is another training session. I aint gonna skip my long cycle on Saturday cos of it.

Same here, moving sessions around so as not to miss my long run and cycle. Will see how the legs are on Sunday and decide then :D

just remembered ive work all day Saturday so ill be missing training entirely on Saturday :-( in work for 7am and have a gig that night so I'm not so happy with that!!

Did anyone do this race yesterday? Really enjoyed it. Wasnt frozen to death like the race in Jan.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Did anyone do this race yesterday? Really enjoyed it. Wasnt frozen to death like the race in Jan.

yep, done it and am feelin it today. Didnt do the one in Jan, yesterday was actually my first ever race on a bike (my first racer, bought just 3 weeks ago) and my first ever duathlon. As a complete newb, I loved it, was really well run, enjoyed the weather and loved the cycle-all in all, great little event-already looking forward to improving on my time with the next one! Lucozade and bananas were a welcome suprise too!!

Really I was just happy not to have inflicted serious damage on anyone on the bike route! The calves didnt half cramp up going from the bike to the run though!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Race went better for me than i thought it would. I sprinted out too hard at the off and found myself momentarily in 1st! First km was 3:00 and i knew at hat pint it was far too hard for me. Ended up coming into T1 in about 8 or 9th. Aside from two weeks out injured since the last race i've been getting more miles on the bike and so i was hoping to at least improve by a small amount. I did and worked my way up to 6th on it. I also pulled myself up to within 20 seconds of the 5th place guy and knew id transition well (fastest T2 i might add lol) and at the start of run 2 i was within 5 seconds of him. I knew however that i wasn't going to catch him when i started to slightly cramp so i had to pull back a bit and i had a lonely run from there on my tod. I was very happy with 6th but disappointed to not break the hour mark again but the run was slightly longer due to the building works so i cant be too disappointed. For anyone interested Run 1 for me was 3.24km according to my GPS but that was to my bike so id say the actual run is about 3.15km.

Bambaata wrote: »
    Race went better for me than i thought it would. I sprinted out too hard at the off and found myself momentarily in 1st! First km was 3:00 and i knew at hat pint it was far too hard for me. Ended up coming into T1 in about 8 or 9th. Aside from two weeks out injured since the last race i've been getting more miles on the bike and so i was hoping to at least improve by a small amount. I did and worked my way up to 6th on it. I also pulled myself up to within 20 seconds of the 5th place guy and knew id transition well (fastest T2 i might add lol) and at the start of run 2 i was within 5 seconds of him. I knew however that i wasn't going to catch him when i started to slightly cramp so i had to pull back a bit and i had a lonely run from there on my tod. I was very happy with 6th but disappointed to not break the hour mark again but the run was slightly longer due to the building works so i cant be too disappointed. For anyone interested Run 1 for me was 3.24km according to my GPS but that was to my bike so id say the actual run is about 3.15km.

Run to the timing mat is 3.18 according to my garmin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Great result Bam well done. I knew the run could not have been 3.5km. I also think the cycle route was slight;y shorter than before as the turnaround was further out from Blessington.

This was my first ever multi-event and I had a great day. Came in 24th o/all so very happy with that. i had read how the tri events were very friendly affairs, and I can only agree, I tought the crowd (small as the crowd was) were great.

cycle route was 19.2, again based on my garmin. I'll be interested to see actual race distances this year, I suspect most tris are a little short of advertised length... Not that it matters I guess.

Yep great race. Jumped from a 64th place finish in Jan to 31st this time. :confused: I think the cold really got me in Jan more than others hitting my race pace everywhere. Few folks in Jan were wearing gloves, while i was, and my hands were still frozen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Enjoyed this race despite inclement weather. Good entry although down on previous races. I also think the weather may have hampered the disc wheel cyclists which meant a decent enough finish for myself.

First year doing these races and really enjoyable dispite getting a flat in the second race which I couldn't fix.

Roll on the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

Ya awful weather but it made for tough conditions, good turn out too considering. It certainly wasn't a day for full discs IMO. Don't know where i finished yet but all i know is i did my very best as i was dead at the end!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Brian Crinion

Podium results, Report and over 300 photos from today's Naas Duathlon are on IrishTriathlon.com

The results from the AliveOutside Aquathon in Greystones are coming in at the moment, so I'll have them up this evening. However, there are stories about poor lap counting in the pool, so there'll be a health warning on those results.

Brian Crinion
    Irish Triathlon News

Cheers for al the pics Brian. Tough day alright. Bike was slightly longer than the last two and the conditions were horrible. Managed 01:03:xx i think and i think that was about 10th. Not sue yet. Just didnt feel good today though. I wasn't expecting such a turnout considering a few have work today and the weather was horrible.

Podium results, Report and over 300 photos from today's Naas Duathlon are on IrishTriathlon.com

The results from the AliveOutside Aquathon in Greystones are coming in at the moment, so I'll have them up this evening. However, there are stories about poor lap counting in the pool, so there'll be a health warning on those results.

Brian Crinion
    Irish Triathlon News

What's this about lap counting? Which wave? I was in wave two and our lane was correct...

Does anyone know where I can find the full results for yesterdays race?

• Advertisement
Advertisement