Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Drive Memory

• 23-01-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 68gb hard drive but only have 9gb left. I have deleted files but i think they are not going off the hard thingy!!:D Is there software i can use to delete the deleted files and get back some of the memory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think when they are gone from the recycle bin, you should see the space reclaimed (technically they can be recovered though). Try deleting the files from your Windows temp folder and internet files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Ya have tried that hasn't helped. Thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You could turn off system restore and turn it back on again, reclaiming the space it's using?

The_Edge wrote: »

Great tool that. Thanks Its interesting seeing what is using all the memory. Must go through it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ccleaner is a great tool for freeing up some space.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

game4it70 wrote: »
    Ccleaner is a great tool for freeing up some space.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Have downloaded that software and ran an error checking scan. It found allot of errors. This might be a stupid questions but is it important for the laptop performance to fix these errors?

Antoennis wrote: »
    Have downloaded that software and ran an error checking scan. It found allot of errors. This might be a stupid questions but is it important for the laptop performance to fix these errors?

Yeah it cant hurt to fix the registry errors;)
    You can always backup the reg too just in case...

Did you run the cleaner part of it and have any luck making some space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Great tool that. Thanks Its interesting seeing what is using all the memory. Must go through it all now.

+1 excellent and thanks The_Edge *thumbs up* :)

Yeah it cant hurt to fix the registry errors;)
    You can always backup the reg too just in case...

Did you run the cleaner part of it and have any luck making some space?

Can't see the cleaner bit it just wants to scan for errors. Dam lot of errors over 2000!:eek:

• Advertisement

Can't see the cleaner bit it just wants to scan for errors. Dam lot of errors over 2000!:eek:

When you run the program it opens with the "cleaner" tab open.
    If you right click on the recycle bin it gives you the option to open or run Ccleaner.

ccleanero.png

When you run the program it opens with the "cleaner" tab open.
    If you right click on the recycle bin it gives you the option to open or run Ccleaner.

ccleanero.png

I had downloaded the wrong thing. I downloaded the error checking thing instead of the cleaner. Anyways got the cleaner now and yap it freed up about 2gb of space.

Great job and thanks for all the help.

I had downloaded the wrong thing. I downloaded the error checking thing instead of the cleaner. Anyways got the cleaner now and yap it freed up about 2gb of space.

Great job and thanks for all the help.
    Your welcome.

Advertisement