Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM UPGRADED

• 23-01-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi,

I have Eircom broadband i upgraded my eircom from 1MB to 3MB about month ago and i not getting 3MB the speed is still the same would this to be do with my network card or to do with Eircom? its Dell Inspiron 1525 Dell wiresless 1395 wlan mini card the speed i get from eircom is 815 kbps why is it slow?

any information would be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

damienf1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have Eircom broadband i upgraded my eircom from 1MB to 3MB about month ago and i not getting 3MB the speed is still the same would this to be do with my network card or to do with Eircom? its Dell Inspiron 1525 Dell wiresless 1395 wlan mini card the speed i get from eircom is 815 kbps why is it slow?

any information would be good

upgraded from 1-3 holy dog sh!t step in to the year 2010 go for the 7.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

upgraded from 1-3 holy dog sh!t step in to the year 2010 go for the 7.5

This must be one of the most pointless posts I've ever read..It helps the OP in no way and is just a waste of time!

OP Connect to you eircom modem by the LAN cable(Possibly a yellow cable you used to set up the connection) and do a speedtest again..It might be that the wi-fi and walls in your house are affecting the speed,If they still aren't good it's down to contention which is what nearly all ISP's suffer from..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would also suggest a look at the connection status in the router ....... it may be that Eircom are syncing the line at 1Mb/s and not the agreed 3Mb/s.
    It can also happen that it gets changed after long use ..... it happened to me -- they had dropped me back to 1Mb/s after being on 3Mb/s for more than 1 Year. Took a bit of effort to get them to correct it.

@nevaeh-2die-4
    lots of us would upgrade to 7Mb/s if we had the option but we don't. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It also may be that your line isn't able to take 3MB broadband, we transferred over to Perlico two weeks back (3MB bundle as the Eircom contract was up), and we were told that the line would at most take 1MB.

When on Eircom, we were supposed to have 1MB broadband, was getting about half the speed until it crashed the night of Michael Jacksons memorial service, and we weere left on 256 KB of broadband.

It does say in the ads up to 3MB, not saying 3MB straight out!

Advertisement