Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Leeds (FA Cup)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Spurs got what they deserved had chances to finish off Leeds too much pricking around keane was shocking when he came on kept giving the ball away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Curse of Gareth Bale strikes again! Still never won a match with him starting. Even if spurs go on to win, its still not a 90min win.

And Bale got MOTM so its hardly his fault is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

first off that record is only in the prem, second there's no extra time! :P

ha, thats what I get for not paying attention, and not thinking! just caught the last 15 mins, totally forgot its only the replay that goes to pens!

Oh I know it wouldn't be his fault, its just strange the way that run is going on (though as BP said, only in the league)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Fe**ing knackered. It was like time travel, back to the days of Clarke and Jones, Peters and Chivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great game for the neutral. If I was a spurs fan I'd be very annoyed at Bale near the end there with Kean and Pavlyuchenko wide open and he keeps the ball and makes a mess of it.

How long can more can Leeds hang on to Beckford? He has to top of a lot of clubs wanted lists right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ha, thats what I get for not paying attention, and not thinking! just caught the last 15 mins, totally forgot its only the replay that goes to pens!

Oh I know it wouldn't be his fault, its just strange the way that run is going on (though as BP said, only in the league)

They finally won with him in the league too.:( Think it was only once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

MARCHING ON TOGETHER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They finally won with him in the league too.:( Think it was only once though.

Nah they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Magic of the FA Cup...

Do people reckon it was a peno. I'm very undecided...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think so, he caught his right leg on the way across him and then caught the ball and his other leg at together after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He caught the man before the ball. Good decision imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think so, he caught his right leg on the way across him and then caught the ball and his other leg at together after that.

Yeah I'm leaning towards this view that it was a correct decision. Kerr and Dolan arguing over it now. He definitely takes the ball, but I agree it's a scissors challenge and the leg is taken first. I'm with Pat.

Very tough decision for the ref though, some balls to give it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The tackle in the first half on Defoe was more a penalty than the one on beckford IMO

Becks has redeemed himself for the milwall match.

can we do it in the replay!!???

YES WE CAN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That was a peno but so was the one on defoe, Defoe should not be still teking spot kicks missed 4 in a row now kranjcar should be on them Also the replay I saw for pav's dissalowed goal looked like Keane was onside? Did anyone get a better look was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well that was one of the best football matches i have ever seen and im old :eek:

Well done Leeds if anything highlights what a well motivated team of "lesser" players can do when its 11 vs 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

can someone pleas post up the comments from BERBA that he made after the united game
    hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

event wrote: »
    can someone pleas post up the comments from BERBA that he made after the united game
    hahahahahahaha

That would be neither big nor clever.

Fair play Leeds, played very well and never gave up. If we had one player on the pitch capable of leading (Keane's arm-flapping is as close as we get to that) we'd have sewn that game at 2-1, instead we looked nervous and gave Leeds plenty of ball, and plenty of opportunities to test our defence.

Can't blame Dawson for making the challenge that led to the peno, his previous two were top drawer and in real time nobody sitting near me thought it was a peno. Congrats to the ref for seeing it, pity his eyesight wasn't as good for the foul on Defoe in the 1st half ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

That would be neither big nor clever.

Fair play Leeds, played very well and never gave up. If we had one player on the pitch capable of leading (Keane's arm-flapping is as close as we get to that) we'd have sewn that game at 2-1, instead we looked nervous and gave Leeds plenty of ball, and plenty of opportunities to test our defence.

Can't blame Dawson for making the challenge that led to the peno, his previous two were top drawer and in real time nobody sitting near me thought it was a peno. Congrats to the ref for seeing it, pity his eyesight wasn't as good for the foul on Defoe in the 1st half ;)

yeah i know, but i typed that half in jest last night

just funny that he hasnt posted seeing as he was so bullish about yer chances and disrespectful of ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

event wrote: »
    yeah i know, but i typed that half in jest last night

just funny that he hasnt posted seeing as he was so bullish about yer chances and disrespectful of ours

He cannot get access to his account at the moment (like hundreds of others).

• Advertisement

They replay has been changed to Wed the 2nd at 7:45. More ITV coverage to look forward to. :(

Advertisement