Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchip Cat Flap??

Options
  • 23-01-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hiya,

Just wondering has anyone got one of these http://www.microchipcatflaps.co.uk/

Thinking about getting one of these for my gorgeous kitty. It looks like a great idea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I haven't got one but was doing some research on these recently as we were thinking of getting one (ended up getting an IR one instead). There is a cheaper alternative from Sureflap. They both seem to get good reviews on other sites - the only problem I've read about is if the chip migrates from the usual place in the cat and doesn't fall within the scope of the flap anymore. Make sure you check on the website that your chip is compatable (usually by chip number).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

We've got one of the sureflap ones, and it's great!! Cat is flying in and out of it, and it opens immediately once she approaches it ... there is no time lag as such. There is a little slider to lock the door, and to make it one way, so she can come in but not go out again etc.

Highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

We have a sureflap. We have three cats all with the same microchip make, registered with FIDO. We tested their microchip numbers online and all are compatible, but for some reason one of them just won't read. The other two are fine. I don't know if it has migrated or what happened. We're just using it as a normal flap at the minute, annoying considering we could have bought one of them a lot cheaper. Thankfully none of the many cats (not belong to us) have figured it out yet.

I don't think it's a problem with the flap though, more than likely a chip problem. And if it did work it would be a godsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't gotten the kitten chipped yet, we were gonna wait til we got him neutered and get it all done at once- he's only a little 11 weeks now :)
    I'll look into it though, thanks again!

Advertisement