Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

That. was. awesome.
    Oh my god I'm dying for the next episode!! Totally thought Em was dead with her not being in the room with them and then the gas thing! Obviously what they wanted everyone to think. So suspensy, my tummy hurts! My head hurts now though... Jenna and Garrett killed Ali but they're not A and they don't know about A? Or do they? Those dolls gave me the heeby jeebies *shudder* and I really hate that Jackie one. She needs a good slap.

Rage at myself for reading your spoiler, Richard! That could be very interesting though....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lindtee wrote: »
    So looking forward to getting the books now after that! (Hurry up books:mad:) Good to hear that I won't be disapointed Asphyxia!

There are another 4 books coming out :)

http://nicegirlstv.com/2011/09/01/nice-girls-spoil-pretty-little-liars-rizzoli-isles-royal-pains/
    Things look bleak for the Liars after being set up as murderers in the summer finale this week, but before we find out their fate, we’ll be flashing back during the special Pretty Little Liars Halloween episode, airing October 19. Brendan Robinson (Lucas) tells us that not only is Allison still alive, but we’ll gain additional insight on why someone might want to kill her. “That episode is completely a prequel to the pilot, so Allison is alive in this episode, and Halloween is her favorite holiday, so we’re going to see not only how Allison torments Lucas but the rest of Rosewood.” Brendan also teased that his Halloween costume is “the biggest surprise in the episode”. Consider us intrigued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Oh! Richard I cannot resist your spoilers! The Halloween Episode sounds unreal!! Hurry on October!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

That episode was pretty jam packed. So many new questions and very few questions answered. So Jenna and Garrett were involved in Ali's murder or were they just there on the night of Ali's murder. Hard to tell whether they are meant to be A, but I'm guessing they aren't.

I was really confused by the dream sequence with Ali/ or was it actually real...? Really hope this does mean the end of Ezra but unfortunately I'd say he isn't going anywhere. Seeing Toby was heartbreaking and how random was Caleb's reappearance. I'm really looking forward to the Halloween episode and of course when it comes back in January!

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    That episode was pretty jam packed. So many new questions and very few questions answered. So Jenna and Garrett were involved in Ali's murder or were they just there on the night of Ali's murder. Hard to tell whether they are meant to be A, but I'm guessing they aren't.

I was really confused by the dream sequence with Ali/ or was it actually real...? Really hope this does mean the end of Ezra but unfortunately I'd say he isn't going anywhere. Seeing Toby was heartbreaking and how random was Caleb's reappearance. I'm really looking forward to the Halloween episode and of course when it comes back in January!

Alot of commentators at TwoP have stated that Garrett/Jennabot didn't actually admit to killing Alison, Jenna was in hospital at the time Ali died, so either Garrett killed her or saw who did and realyed it back to Jennabot.

I also think this Halloween special could be the basis of a backdoor pilot, there is a TON of backstory there to explore....you could make a show without the four Liars easily enough, use the more minor characters.

Jenna/Ian/Melissa/Noel/Mona etc. - all good charcters on there own and plenty of scope for a prequel series. :)

:eek: Ezra vs. Aria's parents?........ :D

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pretty-Little-Liars-1037136.aspx

THIS is the moment i've been waiting for....Ezra getting punched out!!!!!!!

:D

New promo for the Halloween special :)

On and, P.s. - we broke 19,000!!!! :D
    Question: Oh, great and wonderful Ausiello. I am begging for some Pretty Little Liars scoop! —Estee
    Ausiello: The second half of Season 2 will heavily feature Brendan Robinson’s loveable geek, Lucas, beginning with the standalone Halloween episode in October. Also, there’s buzz producers are toying with the idea of introducing Caleb’s recently-mentioned mom. Finally, I realize it was probably self-serving of me to leave in the first part of Estee’s question, but it’s been a long day and, dammit, I am great and wonderful. There, I said it.

• Advertisement

The creepiest thing ever on PLL?

tumblr_lismba7M9w1qapzsv.gif

^ yup...Ian and a glass of milk! :eek:

:p

Special reworked opening credits....tbh, it looks very cheap and cheesy!, they just added stuff on, why not film a new sequence? :rolleyes:

WO HOO!!!!!!!!...only 2 DAYS LEFT!...and, we broke 20,000!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm sorry but apart from the very end, I found that very lame! I was very close to turning it off a few times. It was so exaggerated and everything so overplayed.
    We get it, Ali knows everyone's secrets.
    Hanna used to be fat (don't make her stand like a pregnant lady!)
    Spencer's glasses!
    The perma-focus on Jenna's eyes!! We know, she used to be able to see.
    Jason was a stoner that stayed in his room.
    It's was just dreadful!
    Oh! And let's make sure every character ever is in it! Toby for all of 10 seconds, Jason, the cop, Lucas, Mona, Melissa. I know it was to really emphasise how hated Ali was but cmon!
    The only redeeming thing was Ali getting an "A" message.

Could've done without it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

^^ You read my mind....very disappointed!

Yeah wasn't that impressed at all. I don't really like that Ali got the text from A, because I thought the whole point of the person being called A was because Ali had been killed. I really don't think we learnt much but how sleazy that police officer is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It was a fine episode, nothing outwardly wrong (or exciting) with it. It felt laggy because it didn't really add much to the story though, it was like an interruption to the present-day action. Trying to add
    Lucas and Mona
    as potential "A"s was a bit head-wrecking as well.

^ have to mirror most everyone above, very weak episode...hammy OTT/bad acting, not one bit scary or tense. few snippets gleaned from it....Mona and Jenna appear to have been friends in the past + Jenna seems to know det. douchbag.

But it didn't add much of anything, it didn't even fill in that much info we didn't already know or suspect, i'm not shocked at all -A had been texting Alison, i always assumed it started with her anyways and not the four girls.

Ali seemed less bitchy and mean in this prequal though, does anyone know how long events take place prior to her death?...October 28th 2008, when did she die?
    It was pure filler, could have done without it as it added nothing, even the ratings were on par for the Summer, 2.5 million and a 1.0 adult demo, but it did get a heafty 2.3 in W18-34, beat everything on the CW last week (incl. TVD).

2/5

Awesome promo for 2x14.....Ezra!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Absolutely gobbled PLL up over the last couple of weeks. Richard, I've none of them left and the Hallowe'en special did nothing to sate my appetite and now I'm blaming you.

Promo for Ep 14 looks awesome. Lol @ the girls in the orange jumpsuits.

This show is so much better than Gossip Girl and its ilk. Can't beat a good murder/mystery!

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Absolutely gobbled PLL up over the last couple of weeks. Richard, I've none of them left and the Hallowe'en special did nothing to sate my appetite and now I'm blaming you.

Promo for Ep 14 looks awesome. Lol @ the girls in the orange jumpsuits.

This show is so much better than Gossip Girl and its ilk. Can't beat a good murder/mystery!

Need a fix?....try The Lying Game or Revenge ;)

New longer promo for 2x14....looks juicy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Ian was busted for a DUI!
    I always knew he was a bad apple!

LOL!....Miss Piggy is being stalked by -A in this spoof vid!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/10/the-muppets-pretty-little-liars/

Aria's mom is getting divorced! [in real life] http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/11/holly-marie-combs-divorce/

Hard to belive she's only 15 :eek:

I know! She comes across as the oldest even though the other 4 girls are all in their twenties!

Pretty Little Liars
    Episode 2.24 is called "If These Dolls Could Talk."

Two big roles in this episode; Martha, who is a middle aged woman that owns a creepy doll shop and Seth, who is a spooky looking nine year old boy.
    It seems spooky is the name of this episodes game, and with a pale skinned Seth they may just be looking for a doll that talks...

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/adams-tv-teasers-13th-november-part-one.html#ixzz1deer9VuJ

Pretty Little Liars
    Episode 2.23 is called "Eye Of The Beholder."

In the episode is Duncan who is good looking, confident and wealthy.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/adams-tv-teasers-2nd-november-how-i-met.html#ixzz1defcJQL5

At TV Guide Magazine's Hot List party, Pretty Little Liars' Drew Van Acker (who plays dead Alison's brother, Jason) dropped a bombshell.

When the new season starts in January, "Jason comes back to town looking for answers as to who his real father is," Drew says. "We'll learn my character is related to one of the four little liars, which shakes things up a lot. The four of them have always seen Jason as this mysterious creep, but once they find out whom I'm related to, it changes the trust issue."

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/pretty-little-liars-latest-from-tv.html#ixzz1dhsq0yRT
    whorelips: Why you guys never give the PLL fans a scoop? :(
    Because when we were in preschool we missed the lesson on sharing, but I guess we can tell you this: Remember that super-creepy doll that Alison (Sasha Pieterse) has hiding in her room? Well we're thinking that the girls will be finding it soon because in an upcoming episode called "If These Dolls Could Talk" the gang meets Martha, the owner of a run-down doll boutique. This is probably the same place where 'A' purchased their eerie look-a-like dolls. Yikes!

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_glee_revenge_gossip_girl/275068#ixzz1dk4QeVEi

• Advertisement

HOLY CRAP!....i totally missed this!....did you guys pick up on this?

tumblr_ltdh8azWt71r2zetmo1_1280.png?

^ TWINS!..... :eek: , looks like they could be going down the book route!

:eek:

Or is could just be two different pictures of Ally... I really hope they are not going the book route!

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Or is could just be two different pictures of Ally... I really hope they are not going the book route!

^ lots of speculation and theories online, the IMDB forum is great as is the HUGE PLL thread here: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showforum=491
    What's coming up on Pretty Little Liars? —Nikki
    NATALIE: The Halloween prequel showed us that good guy Lucas has an evil side, and it looks like the PLLs will soon discover it. "There's a big reveal coming up for Lucas ... [he's] getting scarier and scarier," executive producer Oliver Goldstick tells us. Could this be related to the other big hints Goldstick offered about the rest of Season 2? "Somebody is getting arrested and somebody is getting killed."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Private-Practice-Castle-Dexter-Spoilers-1039752.aspx

More casting news, endless parade of male hotties....does PLL know it's target demographic or what? :-)

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/11/pretty-little-liars-casts-aussie-actor-lachlan-buchanan.html

^ "Whenever there's a new guy in Rosewood, it tends to spell trouble for the "Pretty Little Liars" ladies, and we're guessing this time is no different."

LOL!...so true!, they usually end up being weirdos or creepers, :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Only half way through the 1st season. I really wanna like it but they need to drop the big paedo kiddie fiddler angle. Making that shít into some cute little thing. A grown ass man in a teachers position with a 16 year old student is sick. Also that Alison chick with Ian and the Spencer one with both her sisters fellas. Barely a mention of the legality of it nor the morality of it. They try to make it all cute and the friends covering up and trying to make it seem ok.

Only half way through the 1st season. I really wanna like it but they need to drop the big paedo kiddie fiddler angle. Making that shít into some cute little thing. A grown ass man in a teachers position with a 16 year old student is sick. Also that Alison chick with Ian and the Spencer one with both her sisters fellas. Barely a mention of the legality of it nor the morality of it. They try to make it all cute and the friends covering up and trying to make it seem ok.

LOL!....we've LONG discussed our disgust at Ezria and the blantant peado angle that hovers around alot of the male characters, in fact...almost every male on the show at some time is a perv or a creeper.

Ian and his pervy gang had it on it seems with all the underage girls, never mind his perv vids. You're right about the legallity angle of Ezra was washed over or ignored on the show, but not by those watching....it's still a very hot topic, there are no positive male role models at all, Jason is the latest creeper and before him we had Toby, but Marlene King is a shipper so she redeemed them and then swiftly hooked 'em up with one of the liars.

• Advertisement

I haven't been reading forums or anything but i'm sure it has well been discussed and hated on. If they wanted to go with that story arc but play him as this bad guy and show repercussions for what he is doing it wouldn't be too bad. But they try to make him out like a really likable guy and almost as if they are trying to justify it. Still a few episodes left so i'm hoping he goes down and gets exposed. But i don't hold much hope. It's been dragged out seemingly to a pointless end at this stage. I do like the show but that one thing is just something that pisses me off each episode.

I haven't been reading forums or anything but i'm sure it has well been discussed and hated on. If they wanted to go with that story arc but play him as this bad guy and show repercussions for what he is doing it wouldn't be too bad. But they try to make him out like a really likable guy and almost as if they are trying to justify it. Still a few episodes left so i'm hoping he goes down and gets exposed. But i don't hold much hope. It's been dragged out seemingly to a pointless end at this stage. I do like the show but that one thing is just something that pisses me off each episode.

^ i've personally taken issue with the Ezra issue many times, as have others...sadly what happens is, much like GG, when you see articles online about Aria or Ezra the shippers chime in and try to defend them and it's a huge shipper war :rolleyes:

Season 2b holds promise on the Ezra front as an upcoming episode apparently has
    Ezra getting punched out
    :D

Didn't read the spoiler Richard. I'm gonna wait till the entire season 2 has aired before i'll watch it. Just can't watch tv shows week to week anymore. But i hold hope considering the smiley face after the tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They won't portray Ezra in a bad light because the tweens love the idea of a teacher and a student...... and because they want to deflect negative attention from the character. If the show highlights him as being morally suspect, the audience begins to look at him in a different light with other aspects of the show.

Having watched the show in one big go, I'm pretty convinced that Ezra is 'A' for many, many reasons. I fastened on to the idea really early on. The 4th or 5th episode maybe and once the idea is in your head, you begin to look for signs. There are many of them. I'd even go so far as to say there is one in every episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Kirby wrote: »
    Having watched the show in one big go, I'm pretty convinced that Ezra is 'A' for many, many reasons. I fastened on to the idea really early on. The 4th or 5th episode maybe and once the idea is in your head, you begin to look for signs. There are many of them. I'd even go so far as to say there is one in every episode.

I know when you pointed out the
    typewriter in Ezra's apartment and the typed notes from A
    to me I was :eek: ZOMG! HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS BEFORE! and there definitely are other, very subtle hints throughout if you're looking for them.
    The possibility of Ezra having been in that creepy video club thing a few of the other male characters were listed as being in in the yearbook is a big one too.

Was Ezra in the flashback Halloween episode at all? I didn't notice him.

I for one hope they don't go down this twin route. I'd feel a bit cheated if they did to be honest.

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Was Ezra in the flashback Halloween episode at all? I didn't notice him.

Aria hadn't met him yet but she bumps into him at Hollis when she goes to see her Dad.

They won't portray Ezra in a bad light because the tweens love the idea of a teacher and a student...... and because they want to deflect negative attention from the character. If the show highlights him as being morally suspect, the audience begins to look at him in a different light with other aspects of the show.

You're not alone...many think it's him as well: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3194801&st=5745

I agree they are afraid of the Ezra question and skirt around it all the time, i don't think they'll ever face it head on, in fact in season 2a they made moves to quell the outrage by moving Ezra to Hollis + apparently Ezra is only 24 on the show :rolleyes:

So it's all legal in Rosewood, as sure the age of consent is 16...... :rolleyes:

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Lol @ the girls in the orange jumpsuits.

111128mag-pretty-little-liars-firstlook1.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pretty-Little-Liars-1040215.aspx

:p

@Brenda33331: Give us something on PLL please!
    Prepare for some heartbreak because Pretty Little Liars' core four is breaking apart when the hit show returns in January! About a month has passed since Aria (Lucy Hale), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Spencer (Troian Bellisario) were arrested and they "are at each others' throats!" Meow! Emily in particular has been iced out completely, which might leave her vulnerable to "A."

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_glee_supernatural_once/277209#ixzz1f7F3sWIm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You and your spoilers! :D

I never understood that. Surely knowing whats going to happen ruins the enjoyment of it? Its like reading a 1 page synopsis of a book....instead of reading the book itself. Wheres the fun and intrigue of guessing what comes next?

I can understand wanting to know casting spoilers. Who is leaving the show and who is joining etc......but plot points? You are ruining it for yourself Richard. You must resist!

You and your spoilers! :D

I never understood that. Surely knowing whats going to happen ruins the enjoyment of it? Its like reading a 1 page synopsis of a book....instead of reading the book itself. Wheres the fun and intrigue of guessing what comes next?

I can understand wanting to know casting spoilers. Who is leaving the show and who is joining etc......but plot points? You are ruining it for yourself Richard. You must resist!

I don't actually read the spoilers, just post links or copy text....some do like the spoilery stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement