Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a 'child' to the UK

Options
  • 23-01-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,

Not exactly a child, he is 13-years-old..

I am planning on taking my cousin to a football match in the Uk in the coming weeks, what's the procedure for granting his access to travel with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

granting his access to travel with me?

Are his parents ok with him travelling? Does he have his own passport? If so I can't think of any difficulties you might have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 In__tuition

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Are his parents ok with him travelling? Does he have his own passport? If so I can't think of any difficulties you might have.

Yes his parents have no problem with him travelling with me.

I am not sure about his own passport, I assume he has, they were recently away for Xmas so I guess that answers the question.

Does he not need a signed statement from the Gardaí saying he can travel with me?

Thanks icon seems to be gone - 'Thanks!'

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

As far as I am aware all you will need is a letter from both parents giving permission for the child to travel with you as this would be all that would be required if the child was travelling alone. I could stand corrected on this matter though. I'd also check with the airline you are flying with as they will have their own regulations too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 In__tuition

Lollymcd wrote: »
    As far as I am aware all you will need is a letter from both parents giving permission for the child to travel with you as this would be all that would be required if the child was travelling alone. I could stand corrected on this matter though. I'd also check with the airline you are flying with as they will have their own regulations too.

That's great thanks Lollymcd.

That was my suspicion.

Advertisement