Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico ZyXEL router - DSL light not on!!

• 23-01-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm new to broadband ... Got ZyXEL router from Perlico yesterday, followed their ‘simple 5 step guide’ to get connected to internet - - the DSL light will not go on!! I’ve been waiting for weeks for this modem and I’m frustrated entirely now with Perlico – should have gone with Eircom broadband.

I called Perlico and they confirmed that DSL is on my line and they then had me reset router – DSL light did not come on. Then they had me connect router to hall phone point – still did not work (I’m not sure if it’s main phone point for house, but they assumed it was!? –my cordless phone is in another room and on the filter they supplied). They placed call to Eircom to request them to check it out at exchange and telling me perhaps it was a simple thing that a ‘port’ was not opened at the exchange to enable DSL on my line….

Eircom engineer arrives out today, did not do anything but to say that perhaps broadband needs to go to main phone line first and other lines come off that (don’t know what he’s talking about at all) and could my electrician do it?? Said he’d check things out further and would call me next week…Is Eircom obliged to sort this out for me??

What are we to do now!!! Help please…..r

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hectorhector

Hi,
    I have an Zykel router.
    I've had it for years.
    With my router it doesn't connect directly to the socket in the wall.
    I have a filter and then another thing connecting it which is a socket with was a splitter between a telephone and data line.
    I can't be sure but I think that one of these bits contains a crossover switch of the wires
    There is something about routers built for the UK and differences with the Irish telephone network which is more like a US set up.

I could be leading you in a completely wrong direction but hopefully someone here might be able to give you some proper advice.
    Best of luck with your situation.
    Its understandably frustrating.
    If you get it fixed it would be interesting to know what the fix was.

Kind Regards
    Hector

Advertisement