Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever actually realized they fancied someone in a dream?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

As in, there's a girl (or a guy) you know and you've never really thought of them 'that way' before, then you have a dream where you're holding hands or making out or something, and after you've had that dream you suddenly fancy them from now on?

It's quite bizarre... It's happened to me a few times (with a few different girls I know) and I always wonder if it means I've always subconsciously liked her and I never realized it, or if a dream can actually cause you to like someone in real life?

It doesn't even have to be anything sexual, I mean I actually once had a dream in which I asked a girl out, and I hardly even knew her at the time. I woke up before she answered and that's all I remember but I developed a massive crush on her after that dream... It was literally just me and her in a hallway or bus stop or something, and I just asked her if she wanted to do something, then woke up and couldn't get her out of my head for like the next month!

Strange but certainly fun! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dreams are your mind's way of sorting through your feelings and desires over the course of time (usually over a day). If you've ever had a problem understanding something before you sleep, often when you wake up you suddenly understand it. So yes, you can suddenly realise you have certain feelings for someone (or the reverse) but it's not always clearcut.

(Just realised I've spent an hour replying to posts on this forum... it's a bit addictive. Time for a trip to Motors :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

A few months ago, I did dream that myself and a former co-worker were on our honeymoon. Except the wedding had been a secret and another co-worker was suspicious and, for some reason, was also there in flood-destroyed Cracow so we couldn't get any "time to ourselves."

Alright, psychologists, have at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Something quiet similar happened to me about 5 years ago. A woman I worked with in a office am was told fancied me in one way or another, I did not myself, noting ever happened though as being an right honorable men I am I kept my distance [she had a hubby and 2 kids] then off course after moving on to another job as you do i had a dream about her but can only recall a small bit off it... that bit being we were having a emotional phone call to each other. No idea what we were talking about bar the fact she seemed upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 starlett

yup, happened to me too, had a major crush on the guy in question for weeks after before snapping out of it and realising i didn't actually fancy him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

it happened to me just a few nights ago. theres this girl in my year and for the last 6 months (while I know she's really attractive) wasn't atracted to her at all.... I thought she was snobby and mean and ignored me in the hall when we walked past each other...

in the dream we held hands, smiled at each other and then hugged.... that was it...
    the next morning I couldn't stop thinking of her.

the same day we ended up speaking for the first time... I dont know if it was the conversation or the dream that changed my opinion of her but I've liked her since ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MarcoT8

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

yeah, the Actor Michael Fassbender:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

No, but I once had a dream that I was having extremely filthy sado-masochistic bondage sex with a morbidly obese male friend of mine, and when I woke up I was so turned on that I had to have a ****. I don't fancy him though.

Advertisement