If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Philips Streamium SLA5520

Options
  • 23-01-2010 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hoping Richersounds can help. I have decided to dig my SLA5520 out of storage to connect to my Onyko 507 purchased from RS before Xmas.
    All the set up is complete and I am happly streaming music fom my PS.
    Now most of my current music is on laptop so decided to load the Philips media Manager (PMM) on the laptop also. Still everything OK, but here comes my problem. My music file on the laptop are stored in an iTunes music folder (I use the laptop in conjuction my ipod) but the PMM will not add the file from the itunes folder. Am I trying to do the impossible? Thanks in advance.
    PS.The 507 is great & enjoying super sound from TV/Blu Ray Etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Quickspeed

I've had a little read through instructions for the SLA5520 and after a quick chat with the Philips Tech bods it would seem the answer is no, the SLA5520/PMM will not play nice with ether iTunes or AAC file formats.
    It will talk to Windows Media Player no worries however and likes MP3, WMA and WAV files.

BUT.....
    Boardies can be a pretty resourceful bunch when it comes to this sort of thing and they may know of a work around.

If I can dig a solution up I'll let you know.

Sorry I dont have a more positive answer for you.

regards
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Hi Quickspeed

I've had a little read through instructions for the SLA5520 and after a quick chat with the Philips Tech bods it would seem the answer is no, the SLA5520/PMM will not play nice with ether iTunes or AAC file formats.
    It will talk to Windows Media Player no worries however and likes MP3, WMA and WAV files.

BUT.....
    Boardies can be a pretty resourceful bunch when it comes to this sort of thing and they may know of a work around.

If I can dig a solution up I'll let you know.

Sorry I dont have a more positive answer for you.

regards
    Ash

Solution here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64244610&posted=1#post64244610

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.