Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaning behind a dream

Options
  • 23-01-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Looking to see if anyone can think of a meaning behind this dream:

It involves 2 guys that I like. Basically in the dream the first one (R) drove into my driveway with some guy and came into my house but just walked right by me and ignored me. Then he got back in the car outside I ran to the side of the car he was at to ask him out. Suddenly it got really dark, like night time and I couldn't see his face properly but asked him for his number. But then I saw his face and it was some old random man who I'd never seen before. The man gave me his name (don't know anyone with that name) and number and I looked at the other man in the car and it was the other guy I like called (L).

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jane29 wrote: »
    Looking to see if anyone can think of a meaning behind this dream:

It involves 2 guys that I like. Basically in the dream the first one (R) drove into my driveway with some guy and came into my house but just walked right by me and ignored me. Then he got back in the car outside I ran to the side of the car he was at to ask him out. Suddenly it got really dark, like night time and I couldn't see his face properly but asked him for his number. But then I saw his face and it was some old random man who I'd never seen before. The man gave me his name (don't know anyone with that name) and number and I looked at the other man in the car and it was the other guy I like called (L).

:confused:

The thing is that dreams don't have obvious meanings. Classic dream interpretation (from The Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud) recommended 'free association', in other words, what's the first thing that comes into your head when you thing about that dream? Unfortunately nobody can reliably interpret your on brain's working for you. What feeling do you get when you consider the dream?

Basically dreams can be important or useless and it's very hard for someone else to know which is which without a lot of detective work. your instinctive response to the dream (whatever that is) is the right one. Sorry, real dream interpretation is not compatible with online forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I am just looking for any information that anyone can give me about my dreams.

I lost my Grandmother almost 2 years ago. She was 85 and we were quite close. She lived in England but I would have seen her at least 3 times a year and more so over that last few years as I lived there and she was in Ireland quite a bit. She owned a large guesthouse in England where we spent all our holidays until I was 15. Then she sold it and retired to a smaller house nearby.

At least every 2nd night, more so over the last 6 months my dreams take place in the guesthouse. I very rarely dream of her "new house". The dreams are not recurring, just the location. Last nights dream I think took place at Christmas and there was lots of family there. Sometimes the themes are happy, sometimes sad. They make me think of my Granny alot, which isn't a bad thing. We had many good times together and she was an amazing woman. However, the dreams can also make me sad as it reminds me that she is no longer here.

Granny was very religious and I have no doubt she is watching over me and is with me when I am going through tough times but I would like some insight into these dreams and maybe reduce their occurance.

Advertisement