Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortis for repair in Dublin

• 23-01-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I'm kind of a new guy here on the forum, so bear with me.
    I just left today a Fortis for repair at the Fast-fix in Tallaght 'cause it has the stem broken. I wanted to get it fixed here in Dublin before contemplating sending it in England at an authorised dealer.
    Does anybody has any kind of experiences with Fast-fix? Do you think it was a good idea to let the watch there for repair? What's the best repair shop in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

as far as I know a stem replacement is pretty straightforward on both a mechanical and on a quartz. better counsel may come along and dispute that though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Hello fellow Fortis owner!

I have had mixed experience here in Ireland with anyone looking at my watch, so in the end just send it abroad to be worked on.

Initially directly to Fortis, later to a reputable watchmaker in Melbourne (when I lived there) and most recently to http://www.uhrenservice-albrecht.de/Wilkommen_bei.html.

I can HIGHLY recommend Uhrenservice. Have my watch back from him for 5 months now and it's steady at +/- 1 second a day with all functions working perfectly :) (measured agains my satellite updated clock and various other sources on an infrequent basis :) )

BUT....Like Wibbs says, for a stem it should be a pretty straight forward change assuming they have the correct one. The inner working of Fortis watches are not unique.

BUT....I'm not sure where that leaves you regarding 'water proofness'.

Would be very interested to hear how you get on!

Peter

PS. I have Flieger Chronograph, what's your Fortis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just leave it now with them, they said it will take about a week from this Monday while they order the stem. Hopefully all will be OK.
    I have a Fortis B 42 MarineMaster Automatic and I have came across http://www.uhrenservice-albrecht.de/Wilkommen_bei.html before, I suppose I have to bookmark it for future reference.

Just received the watch a few days ago and it works as it should. No problems with the Fast-fix repair shop, but it was a simple job and I don't think I'll let the watch on their hands for a service.
    Having said that, I'll attach a few pictures of the watch:
    Fortis%20001.jpg

Fortis%20002.jpg

Fortis%20005.jpg

Fortis%20007.jpg

Fortis%20009.jpg

And on a Nato strap:

Fortis%20012.jpg

Fortis%20014.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Looks gorgeous on that Nato. Lovely watch.

• Advertisement

Thanks. It looks even better in person as the seconds hand has the same orange colour as the strap, but in the picture is different for some reason.
    It's amazing what a strap change can do, it's like a new watch altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

That looks brill on that NATO!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Luurve the NATO straps myself. I put them on damn near everything :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

drooool... :)

Thanks guys!
    Since I put that Nato strap, the other watches are becoming jealous as they don’t get any wrist time anymore. I think I’ll have to put back the bracelet just to get past that “wow” factor! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement