Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

files on hard drive after Win7 upgrade

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I downloaded the beta version of win7 months ago and upgraded to the official version after it was officially released.
    It's all good in terms of speed/performance, but on the hard drive I have a folder called 'windows.old.000' and a folder called 'windows'
    I assume from my limited knowledge of these things that the 'windows.old.000' is the remains of the previous WinXP system, and that the Win7 is operating from the 'Windows' folder.
    So can I delete win.old.000 safley, it is 12GB in size and I need the space...
    Your opinions please,
    Thanks,
    Scienceless.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I downloaded the beta version of win7 months ago and upgraded to the official version after it was officially released.
    It's all good in terms of speed/performance, but on the hard drive I have a folder called 'windows.old.000' and a folder called 'windows'
    I assume from my limited knowledge of these things that the 'windows.old.000' is the remains of the previous WinXP system, and that the Win7 is operating from the 'Windows' folder.
    So can I delete win.old.000 safley, it is 12GB in size and I need the space...
    Your opinions please,
    Thanks,
    Scienceless.

Yeah it is no problem at all. Your user just needs to be running with Administrator rights.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19151-windows-old-folder-delete.html

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Thanks for that.

Advertisement