Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ftp amongst others wont connect

• 23-01-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Hope this is right forum

Using Filezilla to upload files onto server. It was working perfectly up to early this week now it wont connect. Did re-install and same issue also tried to test it and it failed. Having the same problem with Utorrent and it wont connect? Using Eset Smart Security and windows essential. Shut them both down and turned of Windows firewall and still cannot connect ? On Windows 7 os

Anyone have an idea what the problem may be and a possible resolution to it ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Can anyone help me

It seems that when UPC did something to the router its after throwing everything. I am using a netgerar wgr614 and have looked on portforward site and cannot find anything. Googled and still cannot find a solution. I think its the router as disabled all firewalls and still no joy

Anyone give me any help as cannot upload anything onto server / website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Can you connect via command prompt?

ftp your website address

The_Edge wrote: »
    Can you connect via command prompt?

ftp your website address

How do I do this as only use ftp to upload

http://www.talkbroadband.com/articles/11/1/How-To-FTP-from-the-Command-Prompt!

It's all there. Handy enough. See if you can even connect

Nope no joy there

Change it to ftp then change address open www.myurl.com and nothing ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Is there a firewall on your router as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Can you log into your router? (post back if you need help)

I have one of these routers, I can't imagine why ftp would be blocked.

I'd imagine the problem is local. Do you have another machine in the house?

Thats what I was trying to figure out its a Netgear but it has Disable SPI Firewall unticked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I had problems with mine not remembering firewall rules,
    Firmware update fixed it.

Have laptop on xp so will load up filezilla on that & see if I can at least connect to server. Can connect to router via 192.168.1 tried every option & was going to reset router as getting nowhere fast. I have same problem with utorrent & limewire none are connecting??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bandiman

Have laptop on xp so will load up filezilla on that & see if I can at least connect to server. Can connect to router via 192.168.1 tried every option & was going to reset router as getting nowhere fast. I have same problem with utorrent & limewire none are connecting??

run the ftp server off a non-standard port? like something over 40,000

is anything getting through? like a UDP packet maybe? or ping

Do I have to open the port 40000 or just add it in the FTP settings on filezilla? How do I check if a Udp or ping is getting through?

Was onto host of website and they have no issues ftp files up to server. Sos is it best to contact my ISP Upc and see what they did to router? Its a task in inself trying to contact them. Are they still supplying new users with these Netgear routers?

Stick yuor pc's IP into the dmz on the router and try again (make sure firewall is on in XP!)
    If you can coonect ok it's your router.

If it's still the same you've more or less ruled out the router.

try telnetting to port 21 too from cmd prompt

Ok reset router and loaded up filezilla on laptop. Have xp and could connect ok to server. On desktop pc and still cannot connect. Tried cmd and no connection. Must be firewall on desktop Have Eset and windows essential and turned off windows firewall or is it something else ?

Uninstalled everything eset ms Essentials turned of windows firewall etc and still cannot connect to server. Also tried cmd no joy there either ? Anything else this could be as dont understand if worked on laptop using xp can connect but not on windows 7?
    Where do I look now ?

ok reinstalled router but still cannot login

I keep on getting the below when trying to connect to server. Tried the cmd to ftp and no joy What the hell is blocking it anyone ?:mad::mad:

ftperror.gif

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Give that a whirl there and see if it shows what's blocking you.

Downloaded this and could not see anything weird? Then tried to go into cmd and put telnet and it came up with 'telnet' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

At this stage I think its a back up and a clean install of windows 7:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Downloaded this and could not see anything weird? Then tried to go into cmd and put telnet and it came up with 'telnet' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file

At this stage I think its a back up and a clean install of windows 7:confused:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/06/15/telnet-for-windows-7-and-windows-vista/

As a random off the wall possibility you don't have any VPN software installed by any chance? I came across a similar problem with a Cisco VPN client once whereby the VPN stateful firewall was still blocking connection even when the VPN client serviice was disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Are you using passive mode? If not, try it:
    filezilla_7.jpg

• Advertisement

Yep using passive and tried to telenet site and could not connect

At this stage its a clean install as I have tried everything. Time to back up files etc. Just bloody annoying that it works on laptop with xp ?

Advertisement