Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Hori Fighstick

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

In stock in game Liffey Valley (Dublin) - 60 euro

Just thought i'd let all you fight fanatics know, as I've never seen them available in LV before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

SeantheMan wrote: »
    In stock in game Liffey Valley (Dublin) - 60 euro

Just thought i'd let all you fight fanatics know, as I've never seen them available in LV before.

Thanks for the heads up man. There's actually a newer model gonna come out soon which is better. Would be interested to see if they stock that one

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

chunkis wrote: »

I'd say it is that one. They're the only sticks that irish retailers stock! The newer model looks like the old namco stick
    3951300076_0fa727bc0a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I'd say it is chunkis. As I've said before regarding this stick I would not pay this price for one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

is it any good for modding?

I should really get an xrog stick.

• Advertisement

Nah, its a typical hori. No quick disconnects, buttons soldered directly to pcb etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Those new horis look lovely and apparently the stick and buttons in them are much better than the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

The ex 2 is easy enough to mod, i had one last year but i switched the buttons to sanwa, the stick i kept the same as the stick in the hori ex2 is quite good, but these sticks are ****, when i bought mine light punch broke on the first day, in general the buttons on the ex2 are rubbish from the get go, even from new its hard to do combinations of 3 button presses like lariat or even grabbing can sometimes fail. Stay away from this stick its a terrible buy, unless your really desperate or you want to mod it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah and if you're getting a stick to mod you're better off buying a Madcatz SE anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IMHO, Hori EX2 is NOT nice to mod; the board is not common-ground (important if you want to easily put in a Sanwa JLF), and the desoldering of the buttons is a PITA to do.

The new Hori VX/V3 sticks have better internals, common-ground board AFAIK, and no desoldering required.
    Also they look PURTY.

• Advertisement
Advertisement