Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australia visa for 33 year old

Options
  • 23-01-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi gang,
    I am 33 years of age and dont have any trades under me. i was wondering if there was any way to go to australia for a year. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

aussie job or aussie woman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/

Would you be covered under this? When you say no trades, do you have any other qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭kingofbeers

i studied computers for 2 years but failed on one exam so dont have actual qualificatons even though i know so much bout computers so not sure would saying that do any good if they were to means test me or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No you would need valid certs or experience to qualify for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭kingofbeers

i been working for hewlett packard for the last 10 years if that is any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i studied computers for 2 years but failed on one exam so dont have actual qualificatons even though i know so much bout computers so not sure would saying that do any good if they were to means test me or something

means test yes.

If you're applying for skilled migration, you have to be assessed and receive a positive result from the Australian Computer Society. There are 5 groups they can assess you as depending on your qualifications. However, they do also have Recognition for Prior Learning;
    The purpose of RPL is to give applicants the opportunity to demonstrate that they have acquired a level of knowledge equivalent to that of a formal tertiary ICT qualification. Emphasis is on demonstrating what has been learned rather than what has been done.

So it really just depends on what you mean by "I know so much about computers". Alternatively, there are other routes to going to Australia.

[edit] this'll teach me to read!
    any way to go to australia for a year
    umm, no, not that I'm aware of. 6 month tourist visa maybe, but no work allowed. legally! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Agree not much of a chance once your over 31 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

If your 31 years of age can you still apply for a working holiday visa?

elius wrote: »

seriously, does anyone look **** up any more?

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Yea the crazy thing is all the info people need is in there :confused: laziness on some peoples part:eek:

Or just not trusting it or maybe new to all "I doh no"!!!!!

• Advertisement

Or just not trusting it or maybe new to all "I doh no"!!!!!

haha! yeah..

well in my experience you can trust the Immigration website. If there's one thing the Aussie government are concerned about it's immigration. To them it's a business, and they make it their business to stay on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

elius wrote: »

For those people easily confused the above information is totally false...
    Yea the crazy thing is all the info people need is in there :confused: laziness on some peoples part:eek:

Sometimes I read some of the posts on here about visas & immigration and I have to check that I am not reading the Urban Myths thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

mandrake04 wrote: »
    For those people easily confused the above information is totally false...

That's a question and not really a statement? So how can it be totally false.

However you are correct in stating that >31 is a no no for Working holiday visas.

Advertisement