Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HBO [US] Boardwalk Empire **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

MOTHER****ER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i can see jimmy going back to help out nucky and then killing a few people to stop the trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ricero wrote: »
    i can see jimmy going back to help out nucky and then killing a few people to stop the trial

I reckon Nucky will nearly take a shot at Jimmy knowing that he was behind his attempted assassination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

ur all calling darmody a mother****er after the last episode... am i d only person that sees that hes Oedipus??! At least Oedipus' mother couldnt live with herself when she found out what she did to her son...

This show has turned into a full fledged greek tragedy and it can only end one way as far as i can see :) poor jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I reckon everyone will die in a freak piano accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm after flying through all the episodes to get to this weeks one now.

That has got to be the most fúcked up family that I've ever seen on tele anyway. No wonder Jimmy's turned out the way he has.

Van Alden continues to be my favourite character. The little run he did at the end was a classic. I kinda hopes he dodges the charge. Don't know what I'd do if he was to leave the show :pac:.

It's funny comparing Michael Shannon's role in this and his role in 8 Mile. He's a prohi here and an alco in 8 Mile. He's a great actor. Hope he gets more of a role next season.

As someone said earlier I can see Richard doing something big next episode. The comment from Gillian hurt him big time I reckon. Wonder who he'll go for.

I was shocked alright at the Commadore's death but he wasn't really adding anything to the show for the last few weeks. Apart from his status in Atlantic City he was basically a vegetable that spouted a few words over a couple of episodes.

Great to see the angry side of Nucky coming out towards Margaret. I wouldn't say she'd even get the chance to rat on him, she'd be gone. She either has huge balls or is incredibly stupid to try and take him on.

I was disappointed we didn't get to hear Mickey Doyle's laugh, it's absolutely brilliant.

Can't wait for the next episode. Don't know what I'll do for the next few months till the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

Thinking on it, what I thought was particularly troubling about the Jimmy and his Ma storyline is that I don't think the night in Princeton was the first time they slept together. When he kissed her on the forehead after getting into the room at first it was just a bit icky really. What I thought was particularly icky was the part at the end where she tells Jimmy she's putting the kid to bed and she'll be upstairs. I got the impression she was starting to work on the kid which was particularly uncomfortable though it could have been more telling Jimmy she'd be in bed but i felt it had more to do with the kid. Quite disturbing really.

squonk wrote: »
    Thinking on it, what I thought was particularly troubling about the Jimmy and his Ma storyline is that I don't think the night in Princeton was the first time they slept together. When he kissed her on the forehead after getting into the room at first it was just a bit icky really. What I thought was particularly icky was the part at the end where she tells Jimmy she's putting the kid to bed and she'll be upstairs. I got the impression she was starting to work on the kid which was particularly uncomfortable though it could have been more telling Jimmy she'd be in bed but i felt it had more to do with the kid. Quite disturbing really.

Can't say I saw it like that with the kid at all. What kind of a sick mind have you to even think of that :pac:.

I did get a hint of her and Jimmy though. Maybe it's just the writers messing with us though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I didnt get that from it at all but she did say to Jimmys wife in a previous episode "When I would change [Jimmy's] diaper I used to kiss his little winky." so it wouldnt surprise me if she was going after his kid like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Ah FFS, it was bad enough when it was implied. I think that Gillian now believes that her and Jimmy can be a proper family, with Angela and the Commodore dead.

Be interesting what happens to Jimmy in the next episode. He has been excluded by Lucky and Capone so has lost his money. Plus with the Commodore dead and Eli in jail he will find it hard to maintain power. Can see him turning to Nucky for help.

Should be a great season finale, can not wait to see what Van Alden does while he is on the run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm worried that Jimmy is using the heroin...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Tristram wrote: »
    I'm worried that Jimmy is using the heroin...

He was using it in the last episode wasn't he?? I thought that's what he was sniffing while he was lying on the floor of the room he was staying at Princeton......or maybe i picked it up wrong??

Kettle316 wrote: »
    He was using it in the last episode wasn't he?? I thought that's what he was sniffing while he was lying on the floor of the room he was staying at Princeton......or maybe i picked it up wrong??

It was definitely the heroin. He got it from Lucky just before he left for Princeton I think. It'll get messy if he's hooked on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yup, Lucky gave him a sample to take up North. The idea being that he'd hook Princeton up to the drug. Jimmy partied instead.
    Lucky, Meyer and Al do make it out of the 1920's (they existed)- Jimmy is fictional AFAIK so his continued existence may be in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Yup, Lucky gave him a sample to take up North. The idea being that he'd hook Princeton up to the drug. Jimmy partied instead.
    Lucky, Meyer and Al do make it out of the 1920's (they existed)- Jimmy is fictional AFAIK so his continued existence may be in doubt.

could you not use spoilers for talking about the real-life counterparts?

• Advertisement

deise_boi wrote: »

Lucky Luciano and Al Capone were household names long before Boardwalk Empire. Not a spoiler, a matter of fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

deise_boi wrote: »

Lucky Luciano and Al Capone were household names long before Boardwalk Empire. Not a spoiler, a matter of fact.

To be fair I've only come across Al Capone in the odd gangster movie (the untouchables) and don't have a clue about actual historic facts regarding him or Lucky.

I would have thought this thread is for the tv show and not for a history lesson? If by stating any historic fact relating to characters in the show would you not think it best to either spoiler tag or create a "Lucky and Al Capone" thread in the "History Forum"?

red dave wrote: »
    To be fair I've only come across Al Capone in the odd gangster movie (the untouchables) and don't have a clue about actual historic facts regarding him or Lucky.

I would have thought this thread is for the tv show and not for a history lesson? If by stating any historic fact relating to characters in the show would you not think it best to either spoiler tag or create a "Lucky and Al Capone" thread in the "History Forum"?

"All apologies" as Kurt Cobain said -
    Kurt is not dead by the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

sshhh...im watching it right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

unsure about posting links to watch online.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

retalivity wrote: »
    unsure about posting links to watch online.....

Not allowed....read the chater.

Don't ask where you can download/stream TV shows or give any links to them. Infact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122871

i thought as much.
    halfway through, brewing nicely....

This suck, i wont be able to get this off my "cousin" for like, 6 hours :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

This suck, i wont be able to get this off my "cousin" for like, 6 hours :(

I'd say if you and your cousin went on the "hunt" now you might be able to see it.

2 weeks in a row....

Hooooo Leeeeee Sheeeeeeeeeeeet
    fantastic
    hahahaha margaret you sneaky dumb bitch

also,
    Its gonna get interesting now next season with richard. Im assuming hes not gonna fade away, so now he hasn't got jimmy no more. I can see some crazy unhinged **** going down with him, jimmy's ma & god knows what else. puuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect!

a quick search of twitter & other forums....a lot of people arent happy :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Bloody hell :mad:
    I didn't think that Margaret one could get any more annoying.
    Poor Jimmy, was hoping he wouldn't be killed off as he adds a bit of menace to the series. Hopefully Richard will have to do some revenge killing next season. First half of the episode I though Margaret was going to be killed off after the conversation with Nucky and the lawyer..how wrong I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

There goes my favourite character... :mad:

• Advertisement

Great episode and I called it about Jimmy dying at the hands of Nucky :D

is there any point to watching this show anymore ? none of the other character are likable except for van alden who i think is gone also and Richard is pretty cool

is there any point to watching this show anymore ? none of the other character are likable except for van alden who i think is gone also and Richard is pretty cool

What about Al Capone, Rothstein, Manny & Lucky? Some of those were some of the biggest players around at that time so I'm sure they'll feature more prominently in the next season, not to mention Chalky White.

What about Al Capone, Rothstein, Manny & Lucky? Some of those were some of the biggest players around at that time so I'm sure they'll feature more prominently in the next season, not to mention Chalky White.

i think im just still shocked by the ending of my favorite character :eek:. i really hope van alden isn't gone also. true they are great characters but when your second star leaves the show you need someone to fill that characters void and i just cant think who will step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Really great final to season 2 tho its sucks to see Jimmy go. The writers really need to kill off Margaret asap in season 3 as her character adds nothing to the show at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Venom wrote: »
    Really great final to season 2 tho its sucks to see Jimmy go. The writers really need to kill off Margaret asap in season 3 as her character adds nothing to the show at this point.

Hopefully with margaret signing the land over to the church she will be dead within a few eps of season 3.
    I don't get all the jimmy love i thought he was a poor character played poorly.
    It was a fantastic season finale and I'm delighted it was jimmy and not manny who died. Nucky back to his ruthless best was good to see also.

How about spoilers lads what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

cursai wrote: »
    Not required, in my opinion.

The thread title specifically states that it's for the 'HBO (US)' pace of the show, and that it contains '**Spoilers**'.
    The latest episode was broadcast almost a day ago at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

There is a warning in the thread title, spoilers dont have to used once the episode has been aired.

• Advertisement

Cheers Again lads. There goes my build up............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Incredible hour of television. I've been pretty critical of the show (I find long stretches of it amazingly dull and lifeless) but the finale was superb. Right from the off it captured my attention and didn't let it go until the end.

How amazing was the wedding/Randolph preparing her opening statement montage? Absolutely superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was a great episode!
    Was really impressed with the way they played out the last few scenes I was waiting for Eli to be in trouble at the end!

Like the way jimmy had it all figured what was coming his way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Hasn't Van Alden relocated to Capone's town?Shíts gonna go down over there, I'd say.

Cheers Again lads. There goes my build up............

Well if you employed some common sense then it could have been avoided so you only have yourself to blame.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How about reading the title which says "[US]" and "**Spoilers**" which implies therefore that it is at the US pace (which has aired) and has spoilers unless you're up with that pace.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    How about reading the title which says "[US]" and "**Spoilers**" which implies therefore that it is at the US pace (which has aired) and has spoilers unless you're up with that pace.

All that's not in the title. Anyway I'm just being awkward. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Gutted Jimmy's gone but it was done brilliantly. I enjoyed season 2 and with Jimmy's storyline finished it'll be interesting to see how/who they develop to fill his role in the show. At times it seemed he was more the main character than Nookie.
    Capone's rise to power in season 3 maybe? I'm also hoping for Richard scalping Manny or Eli and an Eoin and Nookie showdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

All that's not in the title. Anyway I'm just being awkward. Thanks again.
    you mean this title? :confused:

185029.jpg

Looks like Margret's the next to bumped off. judging by the last scene....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Great end to the series, am disappointed that Jimmy is gone but it makes sense because there was not much more for his character to do. Should be interesting to see what happens with Richard, I hope he will still be part of the show.

Am getting sick of Margaret but that was some sneaky act. If it ends with her getting a bullet in the head I will not be too disappointed.

It was a great season, only wish it could have been longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement