Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HBO [US] Boardwalk Empire **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Season 4 Trailer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

iMuse wrote: »
    Season 4 Trailer

Six seasons and a movie!

BOARDWALK EMPIRE returns for its 12-episode fourth season SUNDAY, SEPT. 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

When that happens, for a few weeks every Monday we'll have Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, The Newsroom and True Blood to watch.

Yeah, I love Mondays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Needs more of Al. A milli-second of an appearance isn't good enough :pac:.

Needs more of Al. A milli-second of an appearance isn't good enough :pac:.

I keep fearing they'll kill Richard Harrow off :(

They rival Don Draper and co. in the 'best dressed on television' stakes. They also look so nice and friendly when off-camera :pac:.

What's the name of the character in the middle? I can't find him anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it there. Jeffrey Wright is playing Dr. Valentin Narcisse.

9bde988d500b719a1ad432b0b1797b2d.png

Has anyone heard anything about Corey Parker Robinson (A.K.A. Detective Sydnor from The Wire) appearing on the show?

Michael K. Williams put this photo up on his Instagram account.

http://instagram.com/p/bjUrnBrzwS/

e1bc12407ea9898560f09c1177762270.png

• Advertisement

6 seasons for deffo!

I wish they'd stop releasing trailers for this. I want to start watching it so badly now.

There are some great shots of Al and Nelson. Van Alden looks like he's hit rock bottom.

Best line goes to Johnny Torio - "You want to take on the Chicago police? They'll send an army down here."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

What's the return date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's the return date?

Sun 8th September according to the trailer

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Sun 8th September according to the trailer

Cheers I try to avoid trailers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That Business trailer looks so good, can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Van Alden's definitely got to jump over to the Dark Side this season and find useful outlets for his inner psychopath.

The new black and white promotional posters look these guys look even gangster than normal.

I love Stephen Graham. Can't wait to see him take over Chicago this year.

1002581_625666697464413_210992700_n.jpg

1150243_625666757464407_432380786_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Season 4 kicks off TONIGHT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Season 4 kicks off TONIGHT!

Nice one, forgot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Any word when it's back on Sky Atlantic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Any word when it's back on Sky Atlantic?

Some time in October according to this...

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/boardwalk-empire/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

boobar wrote: »
    Some time in October according to this...

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/boardwalk-empire/

Thanks, pity it's so far behind the US though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Forgot this was back. Looking forward to it, thought last season was superb. Will miss Rossetti the mad fecker tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Shane St. wrote: »
    Forgot this was back. Looking forward to it, thought last season was superb. Will miss Rossetti the mad fecker tho

Same here. He gave Nurse Jackie the ride on his way out though.

First eppy out.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah it's good to have it back! :) Will probably need to watch that again but a pretty good start. I'll save the discussion till people have caught up so I don't have to use spoiler tags :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

First eppy out.......

Just watched it. interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I liked it... no
    Margaret
    , which I think helped a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

has lucky got his deeds for the road land back?

has lucky got his deeds for the road land back?

That was back at the start of series 3. Nucky never got them back but used the publicity from the donation as best he could. It also lead to himself and mags just keeping up the appearance of a happy marriage.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Decent episode, delighted it's back. Stephen Graham is brilliant as Al Capone. Hard to believe he is actually a Scouser.

I liked the first episode, my favourite part was when we discovered the new fbi agent was just playing dumb.

why was Harrow killing those men?.
    And where is vanalden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That other FBI agent that was shot looks like he belongs in the Bugsy Malone musical. Looks like a kid with a fake moustache.

Didn'tmiss Margaret but missed Van Alden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is Shannon coming back or is he getting too famous?

oh and we get another cast member of The Wire on board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Decent start, Chalky and Nucky better be careful with Purnsley, the guy's just a melting pot ready to explode.

Gillian as a hooker and drug addict was an interesting premise, but they quickly snowballed that by seemingly giving her yet another man to leech off. Hope the character is finished off this season tbh.

Nucky getting Eddie to get rid of your one once she let her intentions be known (wanted Nucky to get her big roles on Broadway) was hilarious. :pac:

The psycho FBI Agent is also an interesting development.

The Capones look like they are going to be some craic, but I'm kind of bored of Rothstein at this stage. Hope he's another one that bites the dust soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Don't think AR will be going anytime soon,
    if they use the actual time's as a guideline then AR doen't meet his maker until 1928 where as this episode was set in 1924.

Was good to see Nucky protecting himself with the girl, but still leaving himself open with Dicky's murder. Also seems to be setting up his nephew for a role down the line with his comment - "we are all counting on you".

Good solid start, looking forward to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I believe that would be classed as a spoiler to those of us that don't know the history behind this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And I believe that would be classed as a spoiler to those of us that don't know the history behind this

Apologies, added spoiler now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Enjoyed that episode, not a lot happened but sets up a few stories. It also reminded me that I HATE tap dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Breaking Bad may the best series on at the moment and game of thrones the most exhilarating but Boardwalk Empire has to be the most beautiful. Have high hopes for this season.

Am I the only one though who isn't blown away by Al Capone? Don't get me wrong I love Stephen Graham but I just don't get all the love for both the character and the actor's portrayal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

No, I don't really think he's all that either. But I enjoy his scenes. I think it's a tough job doing justice to one of the most reputed gangsters of all time. Sometimes I think the series would be better off with fewer 'historical' figures.

Premiere was good but uneventful. Needs more Michael Shannon. Very bored with Gillian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

So glad this show is back. I'll have to rewatch season three, was glued to it every week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Gilliam is very boring.

Capone is good but I think Luciano is way better, masaria is good too.

I like the humour already, seems like there's more of it this time around, based on the premiere episode of this season.

I don't mind the historical figures, if you don't know them - look them up. They're just errand boys or sideline players at this point in history. None of them are absolutely central to the plot and if you read the history of the times - Luciano, Rothstein, Capone, Masseria were surrounded by shadowy henchmen and hangers-on who may as well have been fictional for all we know about them. For instance, if Luciano paid off a prohibition agent or Masseria killed a grass they were not the kind of men who wrote their memoirs.
    The one funny scene in this was Torrio worried about being in the papers, Capone worried about them getting his name right. Seeds of a downfall in one scene. With local and modern echoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't mind the historical figures, if you don't know them - look them up. They're just errand boys or sideline players at this point in history. None of them are absolutely central to the plot and if you read the history of the times - Luciano, Rothstein, Capone, Masseria were surrounded by shadowy henchmen and hangers-on who may as well have been fictional for all we know about them. For instance, if Luciano paid off a prohibition agent or Masseria killed a grass they were not the kind of men who wrote their memoirs.
    The one funny scene in this was Torrio worried about being in the papers, Capone worried about them getting his name right. Seeds of a downfall in one scene. With local and modern echoes.

Hmm, fair enough saying they're not central to the plot, but they weren't errand boys or sideline players at this point. Lansky, Capone and Luciano were to an extent, but Rothstein and Masseria were very powerful.

titan18 wrote: »
    Hmm, fair enough saying they're not central to the plot, but they weren't errand boys or sideline players at this point. Lansky, Capone and Luciano were to an extent, but Rothstein and Masseria were very powerful.

Powerful in the world that Nucky is dipping his size 11s in. To Nucky that pair are people to placate and avoid clashes with (thats what I meant by sideline players). Hindsight lets us know how dangerous these guys really are - to Nucky they're just some guys out to make a quick buck like him. For me, most of the fun of the show comes from watching Nucky treating the likes of Capone and Luciano like something he stepped in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Anyone think Harrow has kind of run his course? I like him a lot but I think the season 3 finale felt like a logical closure point for him. He avenged Jimmy's wife and rescued their son. I think because he's so popular the writers might be afraid to write him out. They shouldn't need to kill him on-screen or anything but if he sticks around too long I think it'd be to the character's deteriment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

snausages wrote: »
    Anyone think Harrow has kind of run his course? I like him a lot but I think the season 3 finale felt like a logical closure point for him. He avenged Jimmy's wife and rescued their son. I think because he's so popular the writers might be afraid to write him out. They shouldn't need to kill him on-screen or anything but if he sticks around too long I think it'd be to the character's deteriment.

If they do it, it's because they want to. Similarly, they wont keep him around just for the sake of it or because the fans like him. This show isn't afraid to kill characters off.

Advertisement