Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy XIII

• 23-01-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

What is the story with it being out in Europe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Supposed to be out on the 9th of March. But as usual this can change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

SE annouced it'll be out simultaneously in the EU & US on both 360 & PS3 on March 9th.
    There's a collectors edition too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

will it be as good as FFVII?

I dunno! We'll have to wait and see. Everyone has different opinions on games.

Or if you're any good at the aul Japanese, it's out on PS3 over there at the moment. Not sure about the 360 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I dunno! We'll have to wait and see. Everyone has different opinions on games.

Or if you're any good at the aul Japanese, it's out on PS3 over there at the moment. Not sure about the 360 version.

Nope it's PS3 exclusive in Japan. Or at the very least a timed exclusive.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Nope it's PS3 exclusive in Japan. Or at the very least a timed exclusive.

I'd say it could be a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

tbh I don't know whether to look forward to this or not...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ever since I discovered Shin Megami Tensei and that Final Fantasy really wasn't the best RPGs that japan can offer (well at least since after FF6) I haven't had much interest in the series. I will buy and play it but it might end up waiting for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Since I got my 360 Ive never bought a game brand new however I shall be buying this as soon as I can get my hands on it.Ive avoided reviews or anything to do with the plot as I want it all to be a total surprise.

FF FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This may be my first FF purchase since FF8 (which I thought was awful) I think I was expecting FF7 and a whole lot more, but alas, hopefully this one will hark back to the good oul days of 7.....

I did try playing one of them on the PS2, didnt hold my interest so im not sure if this one will....

Think ill buy this one for my PS3 though.....

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Im possibly one of the rare breed that didn't get into FF7 thought FF8 was even worse but loved 9 :confused: dabbled in later offerings but for me they just weren't 9 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I love 9 too, possibly my favourite out of the lot! I know it gets run down a lot but I just loved the game for its fantasy environs/ characters etc rather than the steam/cyber punk elements to VII. Still love 7 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Asmodean wrote: »
    I love 9 too, possibly my favourite out of the lot! I know it gets run down a lot but I just loved the game for its fantasy environs/ characters etc rather than the steam/cyber punk elements to VII. Still love 7 btw

9 was the best love that steam punk stuff.

it's not timed exclusive for the ps3 in Japan, it just was not worth the effort to get it ready for the December Japanese release date, may be out there in march when the internatioal version get finished with the japanese replacing the English.

From the look of the Blu-ray files list the video on it are listed for the ps3 version only so the 360s will probable have it own with reduced in quality.
    oh
    I'm a Sony fan boy but won't tell anyone to buy a ps3 if you already have a 360 just for this game,but if you have both get it on ps3, it will at least save on the disk swapping.

Advertisement