Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Mill Airsoft Site

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

How did it go today John, good times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

How was the first day? Any pics or vids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

moggser wrote: »
    if the site is cleaned up and you have a safety statement to show

doesnt look to cleaned up??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

In all fairness, it looks far too unsafe to be skirmishing in. Far too many safety hazards from what I saw. How did you manage insurance for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

U can hit the cars going by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

All true, but its gritty and wrecked, like an abandoned house should be, looks good fun to have a go in

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

if some auld wan was going by in the car they couldnt easily see this,
    i think my granny would be slightly alarmed by the site of it

Thats a directed vid Johnny, looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Eh, what the hell?

The players there are plainly visible from the road, you can see the windows of the cars going by.

They're playing inside what is both a listed and condemned building.

This is seriously dodgy, and the visibility from the road means that everyone in that vid at the start can be done for a firearms offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I know this place. Drove past it recently. You can see in clearly from the road driving north as you enter the village. Anyone that goes there would be lucky not to be arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

This is braking section 40.9 (A) of the CJA 2009 as RIF are visible to the public, and I also suspect (B) give this fact.

S40.9(A) also relates to the individual player, so you will face charges under a firearms offence not the site on that count.

We will be hearing about this, and not in a good way, from the papers and Mr. Duffy I suspect. The sad part is people taking blatant short cuts like this tarnishes all site operators and makes their life more difficult.

we dont play near the bridge
    not as open as u think we dont use that house part

What happened to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

f**kin cracking video though..... :D

its like a instruction manual on how to break as many airsoft laws as possible in one sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Lacertus wrote: »
    f**kin cracking video though..... :D

not really as it could easy be used against airsoft as a whole to demonstrate irresponsible gaming, on view rifs to public, bb can hit the public, and what appears to maybe be IRA graffiti at the end in the same paint as 'respawn' so assume it was added by management

sorry but the most dangerous irresponsible site i have seen in ireland to this point

sorry its anything but a cracking video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Wow, airoft intervention.....

Puding wrote: »
    not really as it could easy be used against airsoft as a whole to demonstrate irresponsible gaming, on view rifs to public, bb can hit the public, and what appears to maybe be IRA graffiti at the end in the same paint as 'respawn' so assume it was added by management

sorry but the most dangerous irresponsible site i have seen in ireland to this point

sorry its anything but a cracking video

Granted, but still a cool video.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Close this disgrace before you wreck all the hard work that has been done to put our sport on a socially acceptable footing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Granted, but still a cool video.

no, no its not, the more you say its cool and cracking and great, i'm sorry the more you just validating its creation and content, which by common consent is damaging to airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

fayer wrote: »
    Close this disgrace before you wreck all the hard work that has been done to put our sport on a socially acceptable footing.

everyone comment and give a good rating for the class video...:D

some people just dont know good art when the see it :rolleyes: lol

Lacertus wrote: »
    everyone comment and give a good rating for the class video...:D

some people just dont know good art when the see it :rolleyes: lol
    Im sure the DOJ will appreciate the artistic value of it, what is wrong with you people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why don't ya ask the DOJ to give the video a "good rating"?

They've mentioned videos posted on here before of dodgy things...only a matter of time before this is found and I can only say one thing..

Hate to be you guys:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'm closing this thread till the site owners can give a proper explanation of what exactly is going on with this site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement