Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live being stubborn

• 23-01-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Anyone noticed Xbox Live goin fair slow lately?. I tried to get something for my avatar, and the little price/buy now window wouldnt fully open, it just stayed at "Please Wait".. And then I went to play a game, and it took about 5 minutes to update like.
    I then played FIFA and after half time, it took 5 minutes to restart the match before it said "Disconnected from the EA servers"
    Trying to buy an Arcade game was a pain aswell, it kept coming up "Xbox Live service unavailable at this time" or something (still doing it actually).

I wonder if it's just me. Because if it is, I'm stunned because I've never had this problem before. At least not this bad.

Am I jumping onto it too quick because maybe it's just a minor issue being fixed?..I dno.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No issues with me, how are you connecting?

Direct to router with cable, bridged with a pc or wireless adaptor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It's grand now forgot to update the issue lol.

I'm connected via ethernet cable directly goin to my router.
    It was only f**ked for an hour or so, it's workin now. Yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Been having that off and on the last two weeks. Am on NTL so as far as I know they're updating their network and disruptions to service are expected for the next 2 months or so. Pain in the hole though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

downloading server's were down for (I assume maintenence) yesterday. Anyone on would have noticed the inability to connect to 1v100 or to download updates for games. Everything should be back to normal now. That said, XBL can be a balls at times, so if in doubt, ask people from other countries, or post here or on xbox forums to find out the details :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

It took upto 5 minutes for me to simply sign into my profile (i.e. live) earlier, and around 2 minutes later on, it's usually 5-10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I've been having weird party chat issues, myself and my mate keep getting kicked out of party chat and have to reconnect but we are still playing co-op fine.. It sounds like it might be the NTL upgrades for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Gambler wrote: »
    I've been having weird party chat issues, myself and my mate keep getting kicked out of party chat and have to reconnect but we are still playing co-op fine.. It sounds like it might be the NTL upgrades for me..

It could very well be the upgrades alright although both my laptop and desktop don't appear to have any connectivity or even latency issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ive suddenly been getting NAT issues, dunno why it happened out of the blue but apparently I've to open ports on my router. Dont know the password dfor that so its all a bit of a mess. Started a thread on it here.

Cant understand why its happening now :mad:

Advertisement