Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone improvement?

• 23-01-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Been better of late evenings, anyone else

692520468.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

nope

692516788.png

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ddire33

just changed over tonight - down from 5mb with eircom on a 7mb connection - not good.

692539494.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Not bad for me. But the isp is coming up as esat communications :confused:

www.speedtest.net%20target=_blank%3E692599600.png692599600.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Not bad for me. But the isp is coming up as esat communications :confused:

692599600.png692599600.png

ping = 100 ,not good ,mine is nowgetting better around the 23:30mark yipppeeeeee

ddire33 wrote: »
    just changed over tonight - down from 5mb with eircom on a 7mb connection - not good.

692539494.png

What was your speeds like with eircom before you switched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

692875804.png

Not too bad and my ping rate has dropped a lot.

On a 5mb package I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ddire33

Derek

When back to my old eircom modem and changed the DNS servers, speed has come back to what i had with eircom, lost some time on ping but otherwise much better :)

692880600.png

Thanks for the reply, I have no problems on off peak hours but come the evening it goes to bits. How were your speeds in the evenings with eircom before you switched? Just in case I have to go back to them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

With BT my speeds in the evening where shocking but since I switched to the vodafone servers it appears to have gotten slightly better. Ping Rate goes out the window at times can got 160-180.. But at times with BT I might as well used dial up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

AFAIK, the esat thing is who is hosting the test for speedtest.net

if you look on the left it says vodafone ireland, and somewhere on the page there's a link offering you to host the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I was on BT 7mb package. For some reason I can no longer get this on Voda. Now on 3MB package I did notice improvements lately. My speeds were below 1MB and pings were disaster during tests since mid December My hosts were moving between Esat, IOL and Voda (so said speedtest site). I have been checking since Friday. My speeds and pings similiar to below during peak and off peak times:

693006081.png

I am happy enough with this :) . As 7MB was a freebie upgrade from BT few years back, possibly my line was not able to handle this speed (guessing from my stats). Changed my package to all inclusive calls on Voda site. Hope the service stays as good as this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

My speeds both up and down have doubled since last week. Up until then speeds were in line with what we got with Esat.

693148996.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I'm doing pretty uselessly as well, considering we are paying for 24mb.

693234500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Im not doin too bad. Speeds were down under 1Mb recently but seemed to have improved again.Maybe they were doing maintenance or something? On the 3Mb/free calls package.

693362276.png

693455892.png

Usual high speed connection on my 7mb line :mad:

Advertisement