Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Specialized Sirrus w/Mavic Aksium wheels

• 23-01-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi guys, since I have moved to the UK and am going travelling shortly, I’m selling my commuter. It’s a 2008 Specialized Sirrus (specs & pic below), colour black, size 54cm (M).

It’s in very good condition and has been immaculately maintained by me :D, only a few cosmetic scratches. The wheels have hardly been ridden and some other parts have been upgraded recently. Also included in the price are 2 Specialzed Rib Cage Pro bottle Cages, front and rear lights lights – Cateye TL-LD150 front and Smart ½ watt LED rear, Kryptonite Evolution Mini-D ‘U’ lock + Kryptonite looped cable for wheels plus a Specialized AirTool frame pump and BBB track pump. I’m looking for €350 for the lot... for €400 I will also throw in a Garmin Edge 305, perfect condition - no wireless HRM however, as same is over in London, but I'm sure one could be picked up cheaply enough...

FRAME & FORKS: Specialized A1 Aluminium, compact design

HANDLEBARS: Specialized Event, A1 Aluminium alloy, 580mm width
    (shortened to 500mm wide), 31.8mm diameter

GRIPS: Body Geometry Comfort II, triple density gel, alloy lock-on feature
    with Specialized Overends bar ends

BRAKES: Cold-Forged 6061 alloy, 85mm linear pull w/ cartridge pads
    (Kool Stop dual compound pads, front & rear)

BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano EF-50, EZ Fire, integrated w/ shift lever
    (Shimano SIS cables & housing)

FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano T301, 31.8 clamp, bottom pull

REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Sora, long cage

SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano EF-50, EZ Fire
    (Shimano XTR cables & housing)

CASSETTE: Shimano HG-50, 8-speed 12-25t

CRANKSET: Sugino five arm

CHAINRINGS: 48x38x28T

PEDALS:
    Crank Bros Candy (Grey)

WHEELS:
    2009 Mavic Aksium (Black) – wheels are as new, they were purchased new in June 2009 and haven’t been used since the end of August

TYRES:
    Conti GatorSkins, 700x25c (also Specialized All Condition, 700x28c, wire bead, 60TPI w/ Flak Jacket included)

SADDLE:
    Specialized Avatar gel, 143mm

SEAT POST: Shimano PRO LT 27.2 x 300mm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Hi SetOverSet, how much would you want for just the Edge 305 - I'm currently looking for one.

Nice bike btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

bikenut wrote: »
    Hi SetOverSet, how much would you want for just the Edge 305 - I'm currently looking for one.

Nice bike btw

I'd let the 305 on its own go for €90. There's no HRM, but I think you'd get one onine for ~€40ish. The reason I'm throwing it in with the bike for only €50 is I really wanna get rid of the bike before I go away again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Hi SetOverSet, what height are you? Just checking what the medium size fits. Also what part of the country are you? Thanks

sy wrote: »
    Hi SetOverSet, what height are you? Just checking what the medium size fits. Also what part of the country are you? Thanks

Hi sy, I'm 5'9" and it fits me perfectly. AFAIK, it would fit someone 5'7" to 5'10". And, I'm in Dublin...

Hi SetOverSet, I'm looking for a bike for a friend. He is 5 10 so I will check with him before I make an offer. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi SetOverSet, will offer €300 assuming its not too small and looks as good as the photo;)

And I'll offer €70 for the Garmin (assuming sy is offering €300 for bike only) providing it's fully working, hasn't been soaked/taken apart/left on radiators to dry out, and is relatively unscratched.

And I'll offer €70 for the Garmin (assuming sy is offering €300 for bike only) providing it's fully working, hasn't been soaked/taken apart/left on radiators to dry out, and is relatively unscratched.

bikenut, meet me halfway @ €80 and we have a deal... The Garmin's fully working and in excellent condition, no visible scratches and also includes bike mount, Garmin Training Center CD, mains charger, USB cable, owner's manual and quick reference guide, all in perfect condition also. The only think I don't still have is the box. As regards water, it's been used in the rain and is actually waterproofed to be able to withstand being submerged in 1m of water for up to 30mins, although I've never had reason to test this out :)

sy wrote: »
    Hi SetOverSet, will offer €300 assuming its not too small and looks as good as the photo;)

Hi sy, offer accepted. I'd say the size will be fine, I'm just over 5'9"... The bike's in my gf's at the minute, stripped and packed for travelling. I'll try get over there tomorrow or Friday and get it ready so you and/or your friend can have a look, etc. etc. I'll PM you with contact details in the next couple of days, soon as I rebuild it, if that's alright with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I don't want to do it to bikenut, so I'll go €80 if he doesn't respond. I had been looking at the edge 500, this seems to do all the same things

• Advertisement

Hi guys - thanks for giving my some time to get back. Have been checking this all day and would hate to have lost it while in the gym.

SetOverSet, yes thanks we have a deal at €80 then. Can you PM me your details and we can arrange collection/postage.

Sorry Uberwolf for taking this on you but i've been looking for one for ages! the one difference I see b/w this and 500 is I don't think 305 can do power - it's not ANT+.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 flinty34

I'd be interested in this for €300, if your offer from SY falls through.
    Cheers,
    Flinty

Hi guys - thanks for giving my some time to get back. Have been checking this all day and would hate to have lost it while in the gym.

SetOverSet, yes thanks we have a deal at €80 then. Can you PM me your details and we can arrange collection/postage.

Sorry Uberwolf for taking this on you but i've been looking for one for ages! the one difference I see b/w this and 500 is I don't think 305 can do power - it's not ANT+.

PM sent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Next in line @ €300 if the first deal falls through. Can pay this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 flinty34

I'm still interested in this SetOverSet, if u haven't got rid.

Advertisement