Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-16120 Need wiring Diagram for Fire detector's

• 23-01-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently replacing a faulthy Aritech CS-250 with a HKC SW-16120 an Have run into one minor issue.

I need to find out how to wire my Aritech smoke and heat detector's into the Hkc but have no wiring Diagram for this.

This is my first time using a HKC Alarm so am new to this make Have only ever fitted aritech system's up to this. I'm also over 12yr's out of the Game except for a few family Alarm's.

I would apprieciate any Help that somebody can give me.
    Cheer's
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Mick, just had a quick look at fire alarm cable here, alarm system here I imagine is as modern as they come, all alarms go back to a central control.

Alarm cable here is red, its only got 3 wires, what kind of alarm cable are you working from?

If need's be I can trace back and see what goes where, what connects to what, just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cpl_mick_1234

Hi Items,
    I'm using a standard 4-core alarm cable from each detector back to the main control panel.
    I had them previously wired into the CS-250 unit and have left the wiring in the detector's as was, the trouble is the lack of any wiring diagram for fire detector's in the HKC Manual.
    I need help wiring up the aritech detector's to the HKC Panel.
    If you have a HKC Panel could you please let me know what contact's the cable's are going into.
    Thank's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

No joy I'm afraid, because your fire cable is 4 core the set up here is not the same, not even the type of control panel your after, its just a straight forward zone panel.

Just had a quick scan over this http://homecontrolsblog.wordpress.com/2008/10/01/4-wire-smoke-detector/

Not up on the electrical mumbo jumbo, the person who wrote that out has experienced some calls on how to connect 4 core cable, the above is wrote out to give info on how 4 core fire cable works, on the off chance it might help you figure out how to wire from scratch.

Thank's Items the Info you have given is some what helpfull as it has confirmed that the connections to the detector's them self's are correct for all system's.

However If Anybody can Help I need the connections for inside in the Main HKC control Panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The CS250 has the option of using 2wire fire connections. This is basically 12vdc wired with 4k7 resisitor EOL.
    Can you explain what the detectors connections entail. (or maybe upload a pic)

• Advertisement

Hi Kool,

The contact's on the detector's are as follow's also showing what wire is currently connected to what.

1. + Line in (Red Wire Connected)
    2. + Line Out
    3. - Line (Black Wire Connected
    4. - Rem Led (Yellow Wire with Res Connected)
    5. Com (Blue wire connected)
    6. No

I had them connected and working fine with the CS250 till it went Bang the fuse's build into the board had blown while I was away and could not be repaired. I Know what caused it and have fixed that Problem.
    I have had to replace the Main unit so decided to fit the HKC instead but have run into the problem with how to connect the Fire detector's back up to the HKC. Hope you can Help.
    Thank's

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It should wire like a PiR so.
    Red to 12v + at panel
    Black to 12v - at panel
    Blue & yellow into zone input . Programme zone as fire & check EOL settings are correct.
    If there is one resisitor set Zone Hardware to Single EOL

Ok Thank's I'll try that.
    1. Question I have is that the Panel has a contact labeled as Fire do I just ignore and not use this just wire them as I would any other zone and just change the Zone by programming.
    Thank's

cplmick wrote: »
    do I just ---- just wire them as I would any other zone and just change the Zone by programming.
    Thank's
    Yes!

Thank's
    I'll go give it a try Now.

• Advertisement

That Worked

Thank's

Glad you got sorted. If you need any help you know where I am..

Advertisement