Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOCK SPOILERS

Options
  • 24-01-2010 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

please post if you know whats coming up in any subject and please no comments about CHEATING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

cheating is wrong...

But seriously why cheat in the mocks? They are the only way to get a true representation of how you are going to do in the real leaving cert, so if you get all a's and b's you won't know what areas you need to work on and it will give you a false sense of security for the remainder of the year. My 2 cents...

I hear there'll be
    algebra, trigonometry, differentiation and integration
    in the Honours Maths Mocks for all companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

cheating is wrong...

But seriously why cheat in the mocks? They are the only way to get a true representation of how you are going to do in the real leaving cert, so if you get all a's and b's you won't know what areas you need to work on and it will give you a false sense of security for the remainder of the year. My 2 cents...

Should he go off and just go over that paper, yeah sure.

But what if he learns those answers, so even if they come up in June he'll be able to answer them. Thats what I intend on doing. Doing normal study, but going over other Mocks as well, just so I can have those thing learned off.

I won't just look over the mocks and leave everything else and then assume that I can do that again. It isn't cheating. Its dishonest, not cheating. I don't care too much. I'll be prepared..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

There are two companies that supply the mock papers and if you are so stupid to take the risk in studying what people put up then you deserve to fail whatever exam it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

Anyone know anything thats up for french biology and irish HL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I don't think any schools start the mocks until next week, so it's pointless asking now!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

On one of the HL Irish Mocks, for the first Q on P1 there's
    an essay on young people
    and on part 3 there's something about
    crime
    An t-oilean, 20 blian ag fas and jack
    are definitely coming up as well.

The HL Maths mocks we're using has
    no proofs
    and is supposed to be easy/based on basic things because our teacher wants to ensure we have the basics down.

HL Accounting has a
    manufacturing account, tabular statements, suspense accounts
    and Q5 is based on the
    shareholders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

cheating is wrong...

You are totally right.

You're only cheating yourself at the end of the day. Mocks aren't a utility so you can cheat and shock your parents that you actually did well, and you'll do even better for the LC. The Mocks are established primarily for two main reasons:

1) To identify how well you are working, and what work you need to do.

2) To get you used to the time systems, so you know who much time to give to each area of the exam.

As Tracker-Man said, it will lull you into a false sense of security and you'll think that you have all the work done because you did well in the mocks. However, when you get your exam results in August, it'll be a different tale.

Don't do it, because you will regret it.

gemxpink wrote: »
    On one of the HL Irish Mocks, for the first Q on P1 there's an essay on young people and on part 3 there's something about crime. An t-oilean, 20 blian ag fas and jack are definitely coming up as well.

The HL Maths mocks we're using has no proofs and is supposed to be easy/based on basic things because our teacher wants to ensure we have the basics down.

HL Accounting has a manufacturing account, tabular statements, suspense accounts and Q5 is based on the shareholders.

If you are going to put cheats like that up, at least have the decency to put a spoiler around it for the sake of honest students.

If you are going to put cheats like that up, at least have the decency to put a spoiler around it for the sake of honest students.

I don't even know how to do that. Plus there are like five different companies supplying the Mocks, it's not even guaranteed that what I've said will come up on theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I can understand why people would want to know what comes up in the mocks but at the end of the day you won't know what's going to come up on the day so you might aswel study as much as you can. I don't want to face my teachers if i do badly in their subject but i'd prefer doing it after the mocks then after the Leaving! Anyway i know that
    there's going to be a long question on a business plan and a lot about communications on one of the business mock papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Mods can this thread please be locked? Its unproductive and as a teacher I think its ridiculous.

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    Mods can this thread please be locked? Its unproductive and as a teacher I think its ridiculous.

I second that. It's encouraging this type of behaviour, and in the long run, it is not beneficial in any way to students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 wasssuuup

Biology anyone?

wasssuuup wrote: »
    Biology anyone?

Why don't ya go and study it rather than cheat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Why don't ya go and study it rather than cheat?

Ah that would be the honest thing to do.

Come on people this is your leaving cert ye are doing. If ye are in such a need of spoilers and info for the mocks which in the end are just a sample test of how you are looking for the actual LC, then i think some of ye really need to have a good look at yerselves and wonder why it is ye need these.

Wake up and go do some proper study.........

Ah that would be the honest thing to do.

Come on people this is your leaving cert ye are doing. If ye are in such a need of spoilers and info for the mocks which in the end are just a sample test of how you are looking for the actual LC, then i think some of ye really need to have a good look at yerselves and wonder why it is ye need these.

Wake up and go do some proper study.........

Because we need help!? Well spotted! If only everyone could just "wake up and go do some proper study"....

Because we need help!? Well spotted! If only everyone could just "wake up and go do some proper study"....

One thing's for sure, Cheating isn't the 'help' ye need. You need to sit down and do some effective study without taking the dishonest route and cheating.

i want revise but not fail my mocks either.. plan is to revise about some things really well and use the mocks to test how well i know them but this cant happen unless i have an idea of whats up. Its better in some ways to know cos you avoid half revising everything and still being screwed after the mocks. Anywho that answer didn't help at all so...

Biology anyone?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Pressure:)

A lot of people cheat just so avoid being shouted at by teachers/parents. That was my reason anyway.

I cheated in the mocks, because i'd done no work what so ever for them, barley any study etc So rather then fail/do very badly in every subject i looked at the papers before hand to get some idea and did fine.

If you do cheat/look at the papers before hand, just remember you knew the questions before hand and it won't be like that for the leaving. Soo if you get a A in English because you knew all the questions and essays to write, don't think your sorted for the leaving!

(I cheated in my mocks, and did fine in the leaving cert, cheat free:))

Cheating is wrong, and doesn't benefit you at all. It is a coward's route out of a hole YOU got yourself into. Read my 2 reasons about the purpose of Mocks. You shouldn't care what teachers think-they are not the ones who are sitting the exams, and are only out for your wellbeing.

Cheating is morally wrong, and it's absolutely completely unbeneficial to you.

• Advertisement

One thing's for sure, Cheating isn't the 'help' ye need. You need to sit down and do some effective study without taking the dishonest route and cheating.

Honestly with the amount of mock papers out there there's like a 15-20% chance that it'll come up and some of us have anxiety issues that are freaking out 500 times more than usual. Having an idea of what might come up helps, who cares if it's "cheating" even though its not guaranteed. I would pay someone thousands to just lock me up a blank room with the books and to clear my mind but I can't can I?!

I hate this bull**** "just study". It isn't that simple and the people who say it are conceited ****s.

/rant

wasssuuup wrote: »
    i want revise but not fail my mocks either.. plan is to revise about some things really well and use the mocks to test how well i know them but this cant happen unless i have an idea of whats up. Its better in some ways to know cos you avoid half revising everything and still being screwed after the mocks. Anywho that answer didn't help at all so...

Biology anyone?

So it's better to do no revision and cheat instead of doing even a small amount of study? Really, your attempt at justifying cheating is poor.

Honestly with the amount of mock papers out there there's like a 15-20% chance that it'll come up and some of us have anxiety issues that are freaking out 500 times more than usual. Having an idea of what might come up helps, who cares if it's "cheating" even though its not guaranteed. I would pay someone thousands to just lock me up a blank room with the books and to clear my mind but I can't can I?!

I hate this bull**** "just study". It isn't that simple and the people who say it are conceited ****s.

/rant

That's personal abuse.

Some people have problems with studying, but cheating certainly isn't the answer. It gives you no indication of how you are doing, so it's a waste of time.

That's personal abuse.

Some people have problems with studying, but cheating certainly isn't the answer. It gives you no indication of how you are doing, so it's a waste of time.

Oh pull the other one.

Who actually uses the mocks judge how they're doing? What with how the course isn't finished, the topics aren't revised fully etc. how can you? I'd understand if a month before the LC we were asked to do the mocks because it'd be a full comprehensive test of how well you know your stuff. An exam exactly like the LC around 130 days before the actual LC isn't going tell you how you're doing when in those 4 & 1/2 months you still have things to cover. The mocks really are a waste of time.

Oh pull the other one.

Who actually uses the mocks judge how they're doing? What with how the course isn't finished, the topics aren't revised fully etc. how can you? I'd understand if a month before the LC we were asked to do the mocks because it'd be a full comprehensive test of how well you know your stuff. An exam exactly like the LC around 130 days before the actual LC isn't going tell you how you're doing when in those 4 & 1/2 months you still have things to cover. The mocks really are a waste of time.

You have at least 90% of the course completed for the mocks in most subjects. The Mocks give you an indication of how you are doing in the subject areas which you have covered already. Of course you wouldn't have the course covered already, but they do help in showing where you are at in terms of knowing your stuff in the areas you have done. And many people use the Mocks to judge where they're at.

The Mocks aren't a waste of time-but cheating is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I think u thought i meant the literal sense of actually waking up.

What i meant is that maybe instead of people spending so much time on the internet checking out for spoilers on the mocks etc that it might be better to just go and study and cover a larger volume of material which can only do you good in the LC in june.

This is now January with a few weeks left to the mocks and about 4 months till the LC. If you've been keeping up with your study and doing you bit every day then you shouldn't be feeling under pressure at this time. Nervous yeah,you'll always be nervous no matter what but if you havent been studying and are freaking out now its your own fault to be honest.

The best advice i was given for 6th year was turn off the internet,lock away the xbox and get studying.

So it's better to do no revision and cheat instead of doing even a small amount of study? Really, your attempt at justifying cheating is poor.

what? are you unable to read? where did you get that out of my post? i said i want to revise some topics really well besides trying to cram in revising evreything
    btw what are you trying to argue with people you dont even know for? way too much spare time man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This thread is not going down a good road; too much aggro. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement