Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed with show at the RDS

Options
  • 24-01-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Anyone else there today, i was disappointed to say the least. Very few accessories to be bought there for Motorhomes. Left it after a short time and headed to Charles Camping in Blessington where we picked up the things we wanted at a good price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Ha - we just got back from Manchester where the motorhome show was on. Absolute waste of time. Dublin was far better last year compared to it.
    Went hoping to see some new Bessacarrs and big ones at that... got a few smallies to look into.
    The only thing that was really different was the new Chausson (I think) with the Island kitchen :p and drop down from the ceiling double bed. Mad!!
    Lots of caravans there and people eating sandwiches and pork scratchins' but I wont be heading back there for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

The NEC in Bermingham is the only place to go to view all the vans. Its usually held in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It is a p1ss poor show , but a lot off the reason there is such a poor attendance of motorhomes at it is the daft price the RDS charge . We had 2 M'homes there , a 7m low profile , and a Van , and the RDS expected E2500 for the pleasure . With electricity a further E140 . And obviously we had to get ourselves and the gear there , and find somewhere to stay... so it's a big outlay to a retailer .

@Muint.. what did you think of the Island kitchen? Does it not take up a lot of space?

And the drop down bed is getting popular in Europe.. but I'm still not convinced . Our one has 3 heights , fully up , fully down , and a mid setting that is for kids to be able to sleep in it , while the lounge is still able to be used.. but I dunno if I'd like one for myself!

Advertisement