Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPs Renovation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Wow, they dodged 3.59 million euro!! Its people like these that make me sick. I won't be giving them a cent more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sniipe wrote: »
    Wow, they dodged 3.59 million euro!! Its people like these that make me sick. I won't be giving them a cent more.

Shows ya how much money the place and others owned by the group rake in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The young adults of Galway will make short work of the new decor.

3/2 there will be puke stains on the white curtains after the first night.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

The young adults of Galway will make short work of the new decor.

3/2 there will be puke stains on the white curtains after the first night.

I'd be more concerned over what liquids will be expelled into those delightful looking shrubberies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Looks great! Galway clubs needed a fresh look! Can't wait to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I didn't realise it was even closed until last week. I'm rather proud of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

yer man! wrote: »
    Is the open date set for 3rd April, that's what I heard anyway.

I heard the same. Although haven't seen anything around town advertising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Looks like a nice job to me.. I've a feeling people are only hating on CPs because its "the cool thing to do"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

DRakE wrote: »
    Looks like a nice job to me.. I've a feeling people are only hating on CPs because its "the cool thing to do"

I agree. Although i do feel ill at the thought of going to the place. The ridiculously young crowd, the smoking area reminiscent of the holocaust and everything is so STICKY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Sniipe wrote: »

D'you man i did a little bit of reading on that. And i feel for CP's folk for it. They failed to pay €0.9-€1.2 million on construction workers contracted to them and their own employees whilst they were closed for renovating. I believe these payments weren't made due to a cock up more than anything, like they did infact have the million quid, they just forgot to pay it on time and got heavily fined for it.

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »
    I've a feeling people are only hating on CPs because its "the cool thing to do"

There appears to be a high proportion of haters here for some reason. They are in the minority though which is proven by the queues outside cp's and halo every weekend.
    The ridiculously young crowd, the smoking area reminiscent of the holocaust and everything is so STICKY!

Hopefully they will try to pitch it at an older crowd. As I said earlier in the thread there is talk about it being over 21/23's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Anyone know what kind of age group the new CPs is aiming for?

I've heard differing reports that it's going to be over 23's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

nah. cps will be for the kids. halo is gonna be over 23s

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

According to their adverts in the advertiser they are over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Aye, I heard Halo will be over 23's now that CPs is opening up. Is that even legal? Once you are 18 you can drink after all.

Its opening this Saturday night, 3rd April.

We might have a look although it might be packed out. Will be interesting to see how young the crowd is, hopefully its not too young as the place looks good. If its cp's is still getting the young crowd hopefully Halo will enforce the over 23's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

There appears to be a high proportion of haters here for some reason. They are in the minority though which is proven by the queues outside cp's and halo every weekend.

You could argue given how packed out the lates bars are on a weekend that the majority are haters of CP's..but most likely all the clubs in the city. Clubs stop being fun after your 23 in my opinion anyway. Just my thoughts

Remember how shlt Cps used to be?
    Yea.. Shlt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

any good?

bryanjf wrote: »
    any good?

First time there in years and I'll never be back.. I'd rather sit in a dark room by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It seems that with all of science's advances, the boffins are still unable to polish a turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Kazooie wrote: »
    Aye, I heard Halo will be over 23's now that CPs is opening up. Is that even legal? Once you are 18 you can drink after all.

Pretty sure it is legal. The owners have the right to refuse admission to whoever they like.

I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I thought discrimination due to age, race, sex and religion was generally a no-no...?

It was ok. Place was nice but the crowd was very young which I kind of expected, I will probably stick to Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I thought discrimination due to age, race, sex and religion was generally a no-no...?

Only if you could prove it.. They prob wouldn't have a sign up stating age requirements.. Such a great country....

it's pretty much the same, but new smoking area, a few odd chairs and new nooks, whatever took them 5months is beyond me

bryanjf wrote: »
    it's pretty much the same, but new smoking area, a few odd chairs and new nooks, whatever took them 5months is beyond me

In fairness, it's completely different.. They've added an entire floor like. :confused:

In fairness, it's completely different.. They've added an entire floor like. :confused:

the general layout of the bottom floor hasn't changed, bars are in pretty much the same places, yes new floor but nothing too drastic

What is more drastic than adding a new floor? It's a nightclub.. There's so much ya can do to it.

• Advertisement

What is more drastic than adding a new floor? It's a nightclub.. There's so much ya can do to it.

alot more

it gets a big meh from me

Advertisement