Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP NO BROADBAND!

• 24-01-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi all hope someone can help me out. I moved into my current house last January, and I inquired to eircom about broadband, and they said that broadband was not available. They said that it should be available in December, when the lines are upgraded.

When I heard my neighbour has it ordered, I inquired again, but they still said it was not available. Neighbours to my left and to my right have the eircom broadband, how can't I get it?

Eircom just say the line is not suitable. They are one of the worst ''service'' providers, and I would gladely go elsewhere with my buiness, but living around 40 miles from Galway city, they are the only providers around.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Wher exactly do you live? Is it possible that DigiWeb or Lastmile would be available in your area? Or maybe even mobile broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Small town called Glenamaddy, don't know about the DigiWeb or lastmile, mobile with any one is crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Depending on where you are you may be able to get Airwire, there is a thread which outlines what it costs on here, looks like a good deal to me if you are close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

Depending on where you are you may be able to get Airwire, there is a thread which outlines what it costs on here, looks like a good deal to me if you are close enough.

thanks, i'l have a look, you don't know what speed to expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

It's 1meg up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

kennethk wrote: »
    Small town called Glenamaddy, don't know about the DigiWeb or lastmile, mobile with any one is crap!

Oh yeah Glenamaddy is a bit of a blackspot for mobile coverage alright, never seem to have a bar on my phone any time I'm there!

Digiweb seems to be available there anyway

Have a look

Advertisement