Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs/Grads

Options
  • 24-01-2010 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Anyone started their Debs/Grads commitee? We havent heard anything except that it is booked for the 26th I think. Dunno who I am going to bring at all.. the most stressful part IMO! When do you ask them? Summer?? Cant wait to get my dress either!! :) Anyone else excited about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

We've got venue and date sorted :) Should be good fun. I think summer is a good time to ask someone, who knows who you could meet between now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

We havent started ours either :eek: It's kinda worrying cause most other people I know have all theirs sorted.. :/

As for a girl to bring.. Havent even been thinking about it.. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mines on the 8th of September, the committee are doing a great job because we've already paid for one of the tickets already and the place seems grand. As for a date, no clue, hoping it'll all work out well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

2nd September, location sorted, already paid deposit, have myself a 'back-up' guy in case neither of us find anyone else..as for dress, I'm leaving that stressing hunt for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Wow, i haven't even thought about it yet! It seems so far away... As for the date, I think I'll wait til like a week before to ask someone! It's easier to do that if you just need a guy, they don't need to spend the whole summer looking for the perfect dress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

we had ours there near the start of Jan and the committee only got together like a month before and it was booked already before that without the consulation of the students.
    Ah well ,who cares when everyone had a great Night.:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I actually know a few people have bought their dresses already.. And we dont even have our debs booked yet.. :rolleyes:

I would have said I'm bringing my girlfriend.. But she recently broke up with me.. Ah what can ya do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tinytot91

We've got ours sorted for the 24th of Aug!Most of our year usually do "swap" Dates with an all boys school across the Road!So basically everyone hopes to get going to both..The pressure :P Yeah My friend ordered a dress the other day off NewYorkDresses! Another good site is bestpromdresses or Even asos u can hit on a cheap one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

dannydfc wrote: »
    we had ours there near the start of Jan and the committee only got together like a month before and it was booked already before that without the consulation of the students.
    Ah well ,who cares when everyone had a great Night.:D:cool:

So who the hell organised it???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Ours is during the Easter holidays. A little strange, no?

• Advertisement

*giggles* wrote: »
    Ours is during the Easter holidays. A little strange, no?

Debs or Grad?

Either way it's extremely weird...

Reillyman wrote: »
    Debs or Grad?

Either way it's extremely weird...

Teachers are calling it a graduation. But it's sort of tradition to have it over Easter in my school.

*giggles* wrote: »
    Teachers are calling it a graduation. But it's sort of tradition to have it over Easter in my school.

Maybe it's to stop all the trouble.

I take it everyone else has a Graduation and then a sepearate Debs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Reillyman wrote: »
    Maybe it's to stop all the trouble.

I take it everyone else has a Graduation and then a sepearate Debs?

No:(. We don't have debs at all. We could organize it obviously and not use the schools name and such, but no ones really that bothered. Our grad. is after our last day, sometime in May, friday. Gonna be sweet:D

Nope, we just have the one (grad). Anything else, we have to organise it outside of school. And if anything happens, the school will not be held responsible.

Smug bâstards

No:(. We don't have debs at all. We could organize it obviously and not use the schools name and such, but no ones really that bothered. Our grad. is after our last day, sometime in May, friday. Gonna be sweet:D

Ye don't have a debs:eek: Wow, cnutish...

Yeah well we have a Grad on the last day, which basically consists of 90 of us wearing suits and having a 24-hour piss-up. Then we organise the Debs totally on our own, which is booked for the 11th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

We have a grad where on the last night of school the whole year and most of the teachers get dressesd up and go to the local for drinks! :P then we also have a usual debs which is in September. Both should be fantastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bubblebeard

Weve a grad as well as the Debs which should be good :) Our Debs is all the way out in Monaghan ! And were coming from Swords , should be a long Limo ride :P And weve nearly got both tickets paid for :) Debs is on the 25th of August :O Excitement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ours is in April.....70 a ticket for a ****e hotel, ****e band and ****e DJ. Complete rip off, one guy just decided he was organising it through some events company. Gonna be terrible but its a rite of passage so decided I'm gonna go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ed42167

ours will cost €90 a ticket. debs-ireland are a rip off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shona R

we have our debs sorted now too.. going to The Woodlands in Adare Co. Limerick even though the skul is buttevant...lol...just cant find sum 1 to bring...impossible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement