Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Age card

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Does anyone actually like their age card picture?
    It seems to be the only one that turns out worse than a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mine is grand actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I hate mine. My eyes look really freaky...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Still no luck with checking the reference number on the site.. It's been 3 weeks already :/

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Mine took about a month to come the last time..

then I lost it..have the form all filled out just need to make myself go to the station and get it stamped and signed and everything. Then the wait begins again.

If you look at the picture it's been reversed, I had the same picture in my student card and my id and the id was reversed.

Hope you get it soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Applied for my age card just over 2 weeks ago. Went onto the website, entered in the registration code, and it didn't recognise it. Starting to get a bit worried. I know it's probably asking too much to have received the card by now, but surely the form would have reached the processing centre at this stage???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Applied for my age card just over 2 weeks ago. Went onto the website, entered in the registration code, and it didn't recognise it. Starting to get a bit worried. I know it's probably asking too much to have received the card by now, but surely the form would have reached the processing centre at this stage???

Best go to the Garda station where you got it sorted and ask.

Best go to the Garda station where you got it sorted and ask.
    Yeah might do that tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

NufcNavan wrote: »

I ordered my card 4 weeks ago. It arrived yesterday. My number wasn't recognised on the website either!

A side question: Is this card as good as a passport for getting into clubs / buying drink etc.? It would be a relief not to bring a passport with me all the time now - it makes me nervous as I might lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I ordered my card 4 weeks ago. It arrived yesterday. My number wasn't recognised on the website either!

A side question: Is this card as good as a passport for getting into clubs / buying drink etc.? It would be a relief not to bring a passport with me all the time now - it makes me nervous as I might lose it!

Yup :)

• Advertisement

How often did you check your code online?

Seemingly it is- I always just use my drivers license and never have any hassle so never bothered with the age card.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I used to work in a bar/off-licence and we used to prefer them. Generally you look much more like you're supposed to in an Age Card, tends to be less fakes so you're more trusting of them. Passports tend to be passed around among young people and we do know it goes on :rolleyes:

Age Card > Passport. Plus if you lose it it's all good in the hood :) Although Oxegen will be so strange this year without drunkenly fishing my passport out of puddles near the Heineken bar... many times.... :)

Seemingly it is- I always just use my drivers license and never have any hassle so never bothered with the age card.

A lot of shops/clubs refuse drivers licenses, might be an idea to keep that in mind.

Fad wrote: »
    A lot of shops/clubs refuse drivers licenses, might be an idea to keep that in mind.

Apart from tesco, anywhere I attend has never refused me because of it! Its a pink license so that combined with looking ancient anyway has me sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'm telling you lads, grow some facial hair. No-one asks for ID, absolutely no-one, not even the strictest of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Apart from tesco, anywhere I attend has never refused me because of it! Its a pink license so that combined with looking ancient anyway has me sorted :D

I think Fad's right though, knew of a lad that used to print them!! One night at a club the bouncers even took a licence off this one girl, refused her entry but sure she was adamant it was real. They called the guards- who said it was real. Yer one was really sound about it, probably locked, and just laughed it off but she got loads of VIP entry yokes... hahaha shaaaame of bouncers. Some amount of 5th Years got in that night I'd say after that..

Tesco are also asshatish about passports too >_<
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'm telling you lads, grow some facial hair. No-one asks for ID, absolutely no-one, not even the strictest of places.

First C&H meet up tbh.......you got in, but barely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

First C&H meet up tbh.......you got in, but barely!

"Go on in, but next time bring a real ID".

Gotta <3 that guy.

Tesco are also asshatish about passports too >_<

Does not help I'm 8 years old in my current passport >.<

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    "Go on in, but next time bring a real ID".

Gotta <3 that guy.

And he let people in because we were all going to leave if he didn't let some of the others in >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bookworm2

go to garda station with the receipt and ask them to check records to make sure the application form has been forwarded. there may have been a mistake with the form and it is sitting un -processed on a desk somewhere. the guard at the desk will follow it up for you or find the guard that processed the form at the station when you handed it in. no record of the number is NOT GOOD!! trust me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Has anyone been refused from a nightclub with an age card?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pavlove wrote: »

hah, passports are usually grand for me... age card is perfect. What turned out the worst was my learners permit. I looked 100% like a serial killer.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

creggy wrote: »
    I've never heard of anyone.

Ah,guys what do you think the age card is for? it's to prove your age,that's it for drinks/cigarettes/gambling drivers licence/passport is a form of ID it's not really safe to lose them[I know everyone does,but there's a lot of information on them]

So in general age card> all it's easier to read,harder to fake and they will always take it afaik,wereas a passport/licence can be refused on demand and the obvious target for faking it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

creggy wrote: »

With a legitimate one no because they are impossible to forge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My age card photo is ridiculous, the machine I went to makes everyone look caked in make-up, including my brother. I got my card back and my face is yellow. I look seriously jaundiced in it. Other than that I actually kind of like the photo. :(

I'm always amazed by the amount of security features and the amount of holograms on them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

What exactly is a Garda age card? Is it just used for clubs and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

zoom! wrote: »
    What exactly is a Garda age card? Is it just used for clubs and stuff?

It's a widely accepted form of ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They take forever to come, it's so annoying! Nowhere near the two weeks it says on the form. And the tracking number never works either. Just keep holding out for it. I'd say it'll come eventually.

Advertisement