Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Age card

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Where did you send the passport? Are you applying for a new one?

Good luck in your driving test!

Nah.. just renewing passport, its takein ages tho - sent it in about 4 weeks ago!! And i jst realised my Licence needs to be renewed before the test!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Right, well over 6 weeks and it STILL hasn't arrived. Any suggestions on what I should do if anything???

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Right, well over 6 weeks and it STILL hasn't arrived. Any suggestions on what I should do if anything???

As far as i know, they say 6-8 weeks, so i guess you'll just have to hang in there. More than likely that is what they will tell you but then again, you won't lose anything if you give them a call.

Redlion wrote: »
    As far as i know, they say 6-8 weeks, so i guess you'll just have to hang in there. More than likely that is what they will tell you but then again, you won't lose anything if you give them a call.
    It said 3 weeks on the form.

My mate's card arrived in 2 weeks for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It said 3 weeks on the form.

My mate's card arrived in 2 weeks for him.

mine arrived in two weeks aswel, but i was told it come be anything up to 8 weeks..maybe they changed it :o

• Advertisement

Finally, some movement. Tried the code just there and it said it's due for posting on the 28/7/10. Still a while away, but at least I know now for definate. Ill get it nearly 8 weeks after applying for it. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It took 3 months for one of my friends to come.

Finally arrived today after well over 8 weeks of waiting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Mine took around 2-3 weeks to come but like other people have said, my code thing to check its progress didn't work either... :confused:

There are great oul things though... never have trouble with getting into places once its with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

i ordered mine in Dun Laoghaire garda station last Wednesday.... any ideas how long ti might tak eto arrive to me? Anyone else applied in dun laoghaire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Hi

Does anyone know if a Garda Age card is accepted in the UK? Whenever I'm over for a weekend I bring out my passport but I hate doing this as its even more dodgy to take on a night out in another country because you can't get home without it.

If not, does anyone know any other accepted forms of ID that is not a passport.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

After 3 months of back and forth between me and the garda station, them losing my form several times the reference code finally works and it was due for posting last Wednesday. Applied for it on the 14th of July....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I need to get an age card, I'm still using my passport...that I've had since I was twelve. Unsurprisingly I have changed somewhat in the past eight years!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Lawliet wrote: »
    I need to get an age card, I'm still using my passport...that I've had since I was twelve. Unsurprisingly I have changed somewhat in the past eight years!

It's even worse when they look twice at the Age Card and go.. "Is it really you?"

Even though I think it looks exactly the same seeing as it was taken only a year ago :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 imulligan93

check your e-mail address they may have sent you a verification code, just a little queory, mine arrived in the post today and my friend also recieved his but the date of birth read 1/6/93 instead of the 6/1/93, my friends also had his turned around, is this a new feature on the cards like a worldwide acceptance or a mistake?any reply will be grately appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ivoryblue

mine came .. well definitely not after three weeks, but I eventually got it! god the picture is awful.. they make it so big?? its like faaaaaaaaace, can I cover the face when I show it to you? No, why are you covering it is it really you..? *sigh* yeah.....
    the holograms on it are so amusing to play with, I mean look at them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Lawliet wrote: »

I'm also in this situation. Makes for some fun conversations in off licences :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 misskikii

I'm so glad to read this I was freaking as I don't have a receipt and can't track it. but it's only been just over 2 weeks. guess i'll just wait and see :) I haven't even got the form yet though =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I applied yesterday and got my form today...
    Have to get a new passport before I can get the age card though because it expires in a few days and then they won't take it as a valid form of ID, basta

Advertisement